January 18, 2019
Headlines of the Day
January 16, 2019
January 2, 2019
December 31, 2018
December 31, 2018
December 26, 2018
December 20, 2018
- Completed Prelim Enquiry into Rs 1,000-Cr BSNL Case: CBI to HC
- Justice Srikrishna Committee Miffed at Timing of TRAI Recommendations
- Only TRAI Data Security Recommendations Linked to Telecom will be Considered by DoT: Aruna Sundararajan
- Idea-Vodafone Merger: Is The Demand of Rs.3,900 By DoT Is Unjustified?
- Vodafone Recharge of Rs 458 Revised to Offer More Than 235GB Data
- Relief to Telecom Customers From Pesky Calls! TRAI Comes Up With Stringent Unsolicited Commercial Communication Rules
- RCom’s Q1 Net Loss Narrows to ₹342 Crore
- Bharti Airtel Adds a Massive 35 Million Subscribers in May 2018: This is How
- ISRO Ropes in 3 Partners to Assemble 27 Satellites
- DoT Demand: Idea, Vodafone May Pay Under Protest
- DoT Looking into Voda-Idea’s Plea on Dues Re-computation: Telecom Secy
- Airtel Chairman Sunil Mittal’s Pay Flat, MD Vittal’s Rises by 37% in FY18
- Result Preview – Telecom sector – Pressure from Jio to Dampen Earnings
- Telecom Department Looking Into Vodafone-Idea Plea On Recalculating Dues
- Telecom Tariff War Heralds Happy Times for Content Companies
- DoT Receives 40 To 50 Mn Consumer Complaints Annually, Says Telecom Secretary
- Lauded by Telcos, TRAI Data Ownership Proposal Riles Internet, Mobile Firms
- No Proposal Before TRAI to Amend Interconnection Usage Charges: Manoj Sinha
- Data Privacy Recommendations: These 3 Issues Left Unanswered
- TRAI’s Data Privacy Suggestions Valuable, Timely; DoT to Take Institutional View, says Aruna Sundararajan
- People Should Have Right to their Data, Firms are Mere Custodians: TRAI
- TRAI’s Draft Rules to Curb Pesky Calls, Messages to Aggravate Financial Stress: COAI
- Reliance Jio Opens Up new Front in its Assault on Indian Telecoms Sector
- Reliance Jio Says not Importing 4G Feature Phones
- Reliance Jio is a Disruptor Supreme!
- Neutral Net Critical for India, says R.S. Sharma
- Apps Should Collect Minimal Data like Aadhar: TRAI Chief
- Jio Tops 4G Download Speed; Idea in Upload Rate for May 2018
- BSNL Launches New Internet Telephony Service in Assam
- COAI to TRAI: Keep Norms on Spam Calls on Hold for Now
- Data Privacy: DoT not to take up TRAI Suggestions for Now
- Reliance Communications Ltd Leads Gainers in ‘A’ Group
- TRAI Recommendation on Privacy May Affect App-Based Businesses
- TRAI says Telecom Companies Don’t Own Consumer’s Personal Data
- OnePlus Assured Upgrade Program For OnePlus 6T Launched In India
- Samsung, LG Top Deck To Take Online Brands, Rivals
- Cloud Revenue Is Now 50 Percent Of Microsoft India Revenue
- Avaya Appoints Sanjay Pai As Regional Sales Leader Of India
- Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei Nova 3 Now Receiving Android Pie-Based EMUI 9.0 Update In India
Communications Today has slowly become our go to destination to be updated on perspectives on IT and telecom industry because of the holistic picture it presents. As a marketing professional, working in a technology research company, it becomes imperative that I keep myself updated with news and views from different stakeholders and I particularly like CT’s rich content in this regard. A quick browse through the website daily helps me connect the dots between enterprises, tech vendors, govt regulations etc. thus helping me broaden my understanding of the field.
As a ICT Public Policy professional, I have been an avid reader of Communications Today since past 5 years. The magazine encapsulates trending and futuristic news, views and insights of the telecom world, which is a herculean task given the fact that this industry is evolving almost every day. The CT Team is doing a commendable job through its magazine regularly that also uniquely positions fresh and diverse perspectives on current issues. In many ways, CT’s role is very critical in updating relevant stakeholders such as policymakers, industry, civil society, young professionals, and academicians with ongoing debates and happenings of the telecom sector across India and the world.
The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep one abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency.
We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
Communications Today is the magazine which covers latest trends with their pros and cons based on views from experienced hands in the industry from where every organization can get the benefits as per their needs and also best-fitted solutions. The only thing required is to read all the case studies and other articles published in this magazine. This is the only magazine that takes the inputs directly from the end-users of the technology, who can tell of the benefits and things to be taken care of while implementing new technologies. So this magazine is a sort of virtual guide.
The world of communications is going through a transformation. There are multiple factors that are invigorating this radical change – digital disruption, technological advancements, competitive consolidation, regulatory injunctions, innovation, and changing consumer behavior. The net result is that every player in the value chain has to cognitively change their market strategy, product/service proposition, or business model to sustain and stay relevant.
Communications Today is my go-to resource, whenever I am looking out for any latest trend in telecom technologies and regulation. Actually, it is working as a multi-sided platform for knowledge exchange, wherein we are invited to contribute our ideas, knowledge, and experience in a very author-friendly manner. Looking forward to the next issue as always.