April 9, 2020
Headlines of the Day
April 8, 2020
- Smartphone makers to reduce workforce in stores
- E-comm big ropes in cybersecurity specialists on spike in app downloads
- Fixed broadband speed declined in March 2020 for India: Ookla report
- Cyber criminals turning gaze towards mobile phones as surge in usage during lockdown
- Better days ahead for telcos; ARPU set to surge for Airtel, Jio, Voda-Idea in March quarter
- COVID-19: SC Asks Centre, J&K to respond on plea for restoration of 4G services
- New app to enable people to stay away from COVID-19 patients
- What’s making work from home smooth? telecom sector’s intervention
- COAI says telcos provided adequate relief to low-income users
- Smart Tech can help India manage global crisis better
- Karnataka: Recharge shops shuttered, migrants cannot call home
- IT industry is resilient and will emerge stronger, says UB Pravin Rao
- TRAI raps telcos on selective approach in extending validity, giving talktime credit
- Telecom firms seek urgent payment of PSUs Rs 20,000 crore unpaid dues
- DoT relaxes time for self certification under mobile tower radiation norms
- Viral lockdown video apps are putting user privacy at risk
- COVID-19: Government asks TikTok, Facebook to remove rogue content
- Average Indian consumes 9 GB data per month: DoT
- IT sector will have temporary setback due to COVID-19: Analysts
- Airtel may see 13% annual growth in consolidated revenue by FY22: CLSA
- Vodafone Idea is enabling customers in Haryana to avail services & do recharges online
- Airtel Xstream offers free access to premium kids content
- Airtel and Reliance Jio offer extra credits to users who recharge for others
- Social media content takedown orders need to come via proper legal notices: IAMAI
- Domestic manufacturers ready for easing of lockdown
- Every four of 10 Indians have experienced identity theft, NortonLifeLock
- No requirement to invoke roaming arrangement: Airtel CTO
- IT catches COVID-19 bug: Sector’s outlook takes a hit on demand concerns
- Scheme for phone makers finds no takers amid coronavirus lockdown
- TRAI pulls up mobile operators over extension of validity
- Telcos moot end-to-end online process to issue new connections
- Airtel supersedes rivals in performance metrics: Study
- Remove videos spreading COVID-19 lies: Govt to social media platforms
- Internet emerges biggest infotainment source
- TCS, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Persistent Systems bring tech tools to COVID-19 battle
- Itel introduces digital outreach campaign amidst COVID-19 lockdown
- Realme offers support for 25,000 people via Zomato initiative
- Canon India stands united in the battle against COVID-19
- STL grows its patent portfolio by 34% & increases global patent portfolio to 358 patents
- Samsung Galaxy A series: New lineup starts at $110 and two models have 5G
- Telecom Italia CEO sees faster drop in revs for sector due to coronavirus
- EC sets out rules for COVID-19 mobility tracking
- US, UK warn against hackers preying on virus fears
- The path forward for sub-7 GHz wide-area 5G technology
“Communications Today has created a niche for itself in the telecom media. It has provided valuable insights to the telecom companies, through thought-provoking articles. The magazine has also taken a few bold moves by introducing new and emerging technologies, and championing their cause, which is very good for promoting start-ups and entrepreneurs. The recent coverage on important subjects, like 5G in the last few quarters, is highly commendable. I am very impressed by the rigour they bring to their articles, which is backed by an in-depth analysis and thorough research. Today, we live in a world that is highly driven by technology and Communications Today has been responsible for capturing the new trends and presenting them with their viewpoint. I want to take this opportunity to compliment the entire team of the magazine for the tremendous effort they have put over the years. I wish them good luck and hope that they will keep up the good work. Their contribution to the telecom industry and the stakeholders is highly commendable.”
As a reader of Communications Today since 2001, it has been an amazing experience to see the magazine remain in touch with the very pulse of the Indian telecom industry over the years and capture the multifaceted aspects just-in-time. Communications Today has retained its position as the preferred source for telecom, networking equipment, and broadcast industry magazine by highlighting the refined perspective of all the stakeholders in the ecosystem. Apart from the technical and business aspects, alignment with the latest trends with a futuristic view is what provides an edge to the readers. The Editor’s Desk is always a very balanced approach and neutral view of the ongoing issues and concerns which might impact the industry in the long run. Due to my inclination toward technical aspects, the reports section is my key source to up-skilling. I appreciate the dedicated efforts and strategic agility of the ADI Media team in contributing toward the India telecom evolution as one of the key media partners in the ecosystem.
I have been reading Communications Today regularly for a long time now. In today’s scenario, technology evolution is very rapid, and keeping oneself up to date with all the changes is a must for survival. I find the articles in Communications Today very well researched and relevant as per market conditions, making it more and more relevant with each issue. The communication and networking trends are very well explained and help to keep track with the ever-changing telecom sector. Another good thing about Communications Today is that it deals with various currently relevant topics.This magazine shares views of industry leaders, policy makers, and service providers, which are a must-read to have an expert perspective about the market. These articles give a thorough insight about customer requirement as well. Information shared in this magazine is very enriching and helps me in my day-to-day work. I congratulate Communications Today team for maintaining such good quality of content over the years and wish them all the best. I hope it continues to deliver excellent insights on telecom market in the coming years.
Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep the reader abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics, such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies, as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency. My compliments to Communications Today for the very commendable work they do in coverage, and quality research and analysis that has benefitted the industry over the years. I wish the Communications Today team all success for the future!
There are not too many magazines in India that highlight the latest technology trends, particularly within the field of Information Communication Technology – “ICT”. Communications Today helps readers gain knowledge on developing technologies. Apart from technologies that help business, this magazine shares Government policy and guideline updates. Professional Audio Visual technologies are a key component in the ICT domain. I am happy that Communication Today highlights the science behind technologies that helps the ICT market’s growth in India. I am a regular reader and I wish the team of Communication Today all success in future.
Communications Today is an independent news platform covering the latest technological advancements, market trends and key business issues facing the industry today from a global as well as a daily news, in-depth analysis and expert commentary across a comprehensive range of hot topics, including Digital Transformation, 4G/5G, AI, IoT, NFV, SDN, Security, VR/AR and much more. The impartial investigation of the Indian and global telecoms industry is supplemented by regular in-depth features, executive interviews and opinion pieces. I have been following Communications Today for the last 10 years and found the platform to be extremely informative, insightful and it has always kept pace with the fast changing technology landscape by ensuring all what is published in its publication and what is reflected in the website is current and up to date. I am very confident that Communications Today will continue to set very high standards given its impeccable track record of delivering high-value and high-quality content to its users. Wishing the Communications Today team all the very best in the future and am hoping that they will scale new heights in the future!!
Communications Today has slowly become our go to destination to be updated on perspectives on IT and telecom industry because of the holistic picture it presents. As a marketing professional, working in a technology research company, it becomes imperative that I keep myself updated with news and views from different stakeholders and I particularly like CT’s rich content in this regard. A quick browse through the website daily helps me connect the dots between enterprises, tech vendors, govt regulations etc. thus helping me broaden my understanding of the field.I am particularly a big fan of the Perspectives Section, which further aligns the reader’s understanding of products and the market and what governs. The top notch opeds from some of the biggest business leaders in the industry provides for a great experience for all professionals from the field. It helps in tracking the current scenarios and predict the developments likely to come in near future. I must say that the information on the magazine is very well structured and visitors must find it convenient to find what they were looking for without much fumbling around. It is a great platform and I wish CT team all the luck.
“As a ICT Public Policy professional, I have been an avid reader of Communications Today since past 5 years. The magazine encapsulates trending and futuristic news, views and insights of the telecom world, which is a herculean task given the fact that this industry is evolving almost every day. The CT Team is doing a commendable job through its magazine regularly that also uniquely positions fresh and diverse perspectives on current issues.In many ways, CT’s role is very critical in updating relevant stakeholders such as policymakers, industry, civil society, young professionals, and academicians with ongoing debates and happenings of the telecom sector across India and the world. It would be great to see CT cementing its position as the leading publication for all relevant knowledge and information among existing/new readers.Apart from covering sectoral news and events, CT must also start focusing on cross-sectoral issues such as Future of Work, Regulatory and Competition Policies, Digital Divide, Consumer Welfare, Ease of Living, etc. Tracking such developments would ensure CT’s consolidation as the leader and provide ammunition to thinkers and influencers in the policy advocacy space in their endeavor towards achieving sanctity in the ever-changing domain of telecommunications across the globe."