January 24, 2020
Headlines of the Day
January 24, 2020
January 24, 2020
January 22, 2020
January 21, 2020
- Budget May Offer Production Incentives For Fabless Chip Cos
- No Coercive Action Against Telcos Till SC Hearing: DoT
- Mobile Handsets & Components Under Make In India To Get Special Push
- Bharti Airtel Regulatory Head Ravi Gandhi Quits
- AGR Dues: Govt. May Provide SPV To Aid Telecom Sector
- Non-Telecom PSUs Move SC Separately, Seek Clarity On AGR Order
- DoT Directs Officials Not To Act Against Telecom Companies On AGR Non-Payment
- Pradhan Blames Communication Gap For DoT’s AGR Call To Non-Core Telcos
- Reliance Jio Pays Rs 195 Crore To Clear All AGR Dues In Advance
- Experts Write To Government On Cyber Fixes
- Western Union And Bharti Airtel Unveil Real-Time Global Payments
- BSNL Launches 4G Services In Mangaluru City
- BSNL Launches Bharat Air Fibre Service With Triple Play Feature
- Centre Mulls SPV With 5G Sweetener as Solution to India’s Telecom Crisis
- India Always Open To Multilateralism, Some Countries Getting Too Much Self-Focussed: Sunil Mittal
- Bharti Airtel Set To Gain From 100% FDI; Stock Hits 11-year High
- AGR Dues: DoT Talks Tough On Deadline, Telecom Companies Sit On The Fence
- A $21-billion Telco War Comes Down To $2; Consumers Jump Into The Fray
- Telcos To Miss Jan 24 AGR Deadline, Wait For ‘Modification’ Plea Hearing
- Provide Domestic Line Of Credit To Telecom Operators: PHDCCI
- Common Infra For 5G Technology Could Help Private Telecom Companies
- A USD 21 Billion Telco War Comes Down To USD 2 Billion
- Technology Should Be Designed To Make Life Easier & Simpler: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Telecom Crisis May Leave Long Lasting Scars On Indian Economy
- What Will It Take To Save Vodafone Idea…
- DoT Talks Tough, Telecom Firms Sit On The Fence
- Telcos Should Run Media Campaigns To Check Pesky Calls, Messages: TRAI
- TRAI Chairman Bats For Use Of Locally Made Gears For Core Telecom Networks
- Vodafone M-pesa’s Certificate Of Authorisation Cancelled By RBI
- Government Approves Up To 100 Percent FDI In Bharti Airtel
- IT Services Firms Stare At Revenue Loss As Core Business Falters
- Telecom Stocks Mixed After SC Accepts Fresh Pleas On Statutory Dues
- Vodafone, Bharti Airtel To Be Affected As SC Rejects AGR Review Plea: Fitch Ratings
- TRAI Says Only Two Private Telcos In Industry Is A Risky Affair
- Zenuity & HPE Join Forces To Develop Next Generation Autonomous Driving Cars
- Rakuten Mobile Opens Second Wave Of Free Supporter Program
- Swisscom Joins FreeMove Alliance
- Huawei & China Mobile Zhejiang Develop First 5G Service Experience Management Site
- Vodafone And Sunrise Announce Partnership Agreement
Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep the reader abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics, such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies, as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency. My compliments to Communications Today for the very commendable work they do in coverage, and quality research and analysis that has benefitted the industry over the years. I wish the Communications Today team all success for the future!
There are not too many magazines in India that highlight the latest technology trends, particularly within the field of Information Communication Technology – “ICT”. Communications Today helps readers gain knowledge on developing technologies. Apart from technologies that help business, this magazine shares Government policy and guideline updates. Professional Audio Visual technologies are a key component in the ICT domain. I am happy that Communication Today highlights the science behind technologies that helps the ICT market’s growth in India. I am a regular reader and I wish the team of Communication Today all success in future.
Communications Today is an independent news platform covering the latest technological advancements, market trends and key business issues facing the industry today from a global as well as a daily news, in-depth analysis and expert commentary across a comprehensive range of hot topics, including Digital Transformation, 4G/5G, AI, IoT, NFV, SDN, Security, VR/AR and much more. The impartial investigation of the Indian and global telecoms industry is supplemented by regular in-depth features, executive interviews and opinion pieces. I have been following Communications Today for the last 10 years and found the platform to be extremely informative, insightful and it has always kept pace with the fast changing technology landscape by ensuring all what is published in its publication and what is reflected in the website is current and up to date. I am very confident that Communications Today will continue to set very high standards given its impeccable track record of delivering high-value and high-quality content to its users. Wishing the Communications Today team all the very best in the future and am hoping that they will scale new heights in the future!!
Communications Today has slowly become our go to destination to be updated on perspectives on IT and telecom industry because of the holistic picture it presents. As a marketing professional, working in a technology research company, it becomes imperative that I keep myself updated with news and views from different stakeholders and I particularly like CT’s rich content in this regard. A quick browse through the website daily helps me connect the dots between enterprises, tech vendors, govt regulations etc. thus helping me broaden my understanding of the field.
As a ICT Public Policy professional, I have been an avid reader of Communications Today since past 5 years. The magazine encapsulates trending and futuristic news, views and insights of the telecom world, which is a herculean task given the fact that this industry is evolving almost every day. The CT Team is doing a commendable job through its magazine regularly that also uniquely positions fresh and diverse perspectives on current issues. In many ways, CT’s role is very critical in updating relevant stakeholders such as policymakers, industry, civil society, young professionals, and academicians with ongoing debates and happenings of the telecom sector across India and the world.
The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
The world of communications is going through a transformation. There are multiple factors that are invigorating this radical change – digital disruption, technological advancements, competitive consolidation, regulatory injunctions, innovation, and changing consumer behavior. The net result is that every player in the value chain has to cognitively change their market strategy, product/service proposition, or business model to sustain and stay relevant.