February 18, 2019
Headlines of the Day
February 15, 2019
February 13, 2019
February 12, 2019
February 8, 2019
February 7, 2019
- Telecoms Company Progresses India’s Intelligent Infrastructure
- 81% Indians Feel Their Smartphones Don’t Have All Requisite Features: Study
- 1 GB Data Cheaper In India Than Bottle of Cold Drink: PM Narendra Modi
- Need To Ensure New Technologies Create More Employment: Mukesh Ambani
- 5G Ecosystem Will Be Ready By 2019-2020, Compatible Affordable Phones In 2021: Reliance Jio
- Indians Spent Over Rs 50,000 Crore on Chinese Smartphones In A Year
- DoT To Challenge TDSAT Order Allowing RCom To Sell Spectrum Without Bank Guarantee
- Telecom Commission Renamed To Digital Communications Commission
- Outlook For Bharti Airtel Remains Challenging As ARPU Continues To Decline
- Government Backs Instant Approval For 5G R&D, Field Trials
- Bharti Airtel Ltd Falls 2.46%, S&P BSE Telecom Index Drops 1.24%
- India Going Through Massive Transformative Phase: PM Modi
- Digital India 2.0
- Poor Infrastructure To Hinder Aggressive 4G Rollout
- Data Connectivity: How IoT Can Make Indian Cities Smart
- Finance Ministry Studying DoT Plea For 4G Spectrum To BSNL, MTNL
- DoT Asks Telecom Operators To Be Ready With New KYC Process By November 5
- Day Three – Indian Mobile Congress 2018
- 250 Mobile Apps Launched At The Second Edition of India Mobile Congress
- Imperative For Government To Deploy 5G At The Earliest: Sinha
- India’s Smartphone Users Likely To Reach 650 Million By 2022, Says EY
- Startups In India See 108% Growth In Funding In 2018: NASSCOM
- DoT Wants Telecom Operators To Stop Aadhaar-Based Biometric Authentication
- TRAI Holding Awareness Programme
- Coping With The Great Data Deluge
- Airtel 3.0 – An Exciting Digital Future Gets Unveiled @ IMC 2018
- Wireless Subscriber Base Increases By 9.9 Million: ICRA
- Hybrid Networking: The Best of Both Worlds
- Day One-Indian Mobile Congress 2018, IMC 2018 Began On A Grand-Scale At Aero City, New Delhi. A Report
- Bharti Airtel Q2 Results Today; Here’s What Top Brokerages Expect
- Fibre Infra Must For Unleashing Full Potential of 5G: TRAI Chief
- How Reliance Jio Is Consolidating Presence In Entertainment
- Smartphones Emerge As Bright Spot For Indian Manufacturing
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Calls on IT Sector To Pool Resources For Social Causes
Communications Today has slowly become our go to destination to be updated on perspectives on IT and telecom industry because of the holistic picture it presents. As a marketing professional, working in a technology research company, it becomes imperative that I keep myself updated with news and views from different stakeholders and I particularly like CT’s rich content in this regard. A quick browse through the website daily helps me connect the dots between enterprises, tech vendors, govt regulations etc. thus helping me broaden my understanding of the field.
As a ICT Public Policy professional, I have been an avid reader of Communications Today since past 5 years. The magazine encapsulates trending and futuristic news, views and insights of the telecom world, which is a herculean task given the fact that this industry is evolving almost every day. The CT Team is doing a commendable job through its magazine regularly that also uniquely positions fresh and diverse perspectives on current issues. In many ways, CT’s role is very critical in updating relevant stakeholders such as policymakers, industry, civil society, young professionals, and academicians with ongoing debates and happenings of the telecom sector across India and the world.
The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep one abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency.
We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
Communications Today is the magazine which covers latest trends with their pros and cons based on views from experienced hands in the industry from where every organization can get the benefits as per their needs and also best-fitted solutions. The only thing required is to read all the case studies and other articles published in this magazine. This is the only magazine that takes the inputs directly from the end-users of the technology, who can tell of the benefits and things to be taken care of while implementing new technologies. So this magazine is a sort of virtual guide.
The world of communications is going through a transformation. There are multiple factors that are invigorating this radical change – digital disruption, technological advancements, competitive consolidation, regulatory injunctions, innovation, and changing consumer behavior. The net result is that every player in the value chain has to cognitively change their market strategy, product/service proposition, or business model to sustain and stay relevant.
Communications Today is my go-to resource, whenever I am looking out for any latest trend in telecom technologies and regulation. Actually, it is working as a multi-sided platform for knowledge exchange, wherein we are invited to contribute our ideas, knowledge, and experience in a very author-friendly manner. Looking forward to the next issue as always.