February 18, 2019
Headlines of the Day
February 15, 2019
February 13, 2019
February 12, 2019
February 8, 2019
February 7, 2019
- TRAI Moves SC Against TDSAT Order That Junked Predatory Pricing Rule
- CES 2019: From AI To IoT And 5G, Innovations That Will Be Big At Tech Event
- Growth Momentum Is Strong For Indian IT Companies, Says Expert
- Jio’s New Year Gift: Mukesh Ambani-Owned Telco Reportedly Testing VoWi-Fi Calls; Here’s How It Will Work
- Airtel Steals A March Over Rivals, Reaches Remote Parts Of Arunachal
- From Data Protection To Cloud: Cybersecurity Forecast For 2019
- Govt To Discuss IT Act Changes On Social Media With Advocacy Groups On January 5
- Telecom In 2019: Connect, Create, Innovate
- Companies Not Complying With Aadhaar Act May Be Fined Up To Rs 1 Crore
- DoT To Meet Companies On Jan 4 For In-flight, Maritime Mobile Services
- Awaiting Clearance, RCom, Jio Extend Asset Sale Pact’s Validity To June 28
- With 65% Fall, Voda Idea Among Worst Performing Asia Pacific Stocks In 2018
- Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Jio Boosts Internet Connectivity; India Crosses 50-Crore Mark In 2018
- BSNL Performance: Financially Down But Operationally Still Ticking
- 2018: A Watershed Year For Democratization Of Artificial Intelligence
- 26 Firms Show Interest In Conducting Audit Of Telcos For FY12-18
- Rewind 2018: Reliance Jio Versus The Rest Saga Continues In Telecom Sector
- PM Modi Launches Pension Management Software For Telecom Dept Pensioners
- Tech, Media, Telecom Converge In M&A Rush
- Bundled Services Litmus Test For Telcos In 2019
- Out Of 20 Circles BSNL Is Profitable In Just Two – Andaman And Kerala
- BSNL Does Away With Blackout Days From 2019
- TRAI Wants Spectrum Charges For BSNL’s Satellite Phone Services To Be 1 Percent
- Internet Access In India Has Crossed 50-Crore Milestone
- Indian Firm Makes Electronic Chip To Help Curb Call Drop, Facilitate 5G
- India Took The Right Call On Huawei
- RCom Says Committed To Pay Outstanding Spectrum Dues, As Deal With Jio Hangs In Balance
- Over The Top: To Regulate OTTs Or Not? :TRAI Consultation Paper
- ICRA’s Year-End Outlook For Indian IT Services Companies Stable
- Robust Telecom Infra Is Must For Reaping The Benefits Of 5G, IoT And M2M
- Airtel, Idea Revamp Prepaid Plans To Offer More Data With Extended Validity
- TRAI Conducts Seminar On “Smartphone Usage” On 20.12.2018 At Guwahati
- India Networking Market Showed A 67.1% YoY Growth In Q3 2018
- 2018 Saw Convergence Of Telecom Business With Media And Entertainment
- Cognizant To Pay $25 Million To Settle India Bribery Charges
- Tech Mahindra Commits To 22% Reduction In Greenhouse Gas Emissions By 2030 And 50% By 2050
- Tata Teleservices (Maha) Dec Qtr Losses Narrow To Rs 409.42 Crore
- Samsung Says Expects USD 4 Billion In Indian Sales Of New Smartphone Range
- Oppo F11 Pro India Launch Teased
- Google Will Spend More Than $13 Billion To Expand Data Centers And Offices In US This Year
- Cisco CEO Sees Potential In Move To 400G
- Samsung Set To Earn From Huawei’s Troubled Network Gear Business
- Singtel’s Q3 Profit Falls 14% On Weak-Performing Associates
- Next-generation Armv8.1-M Architecture: Delivering Enhanced Machine Learning And Signal Processing For The Smallest Embedded Devices
Communications Today has slowly become our go to destination to be updated on perspectives on IT and telecom industry because of the holistic picture it presents. As a marketing professional, working in a technology research company, it becomes imperative that I keep myself updated with news and views from different stakeholders and I particularly like CT’s rich content in this regard. A quick browse through the website daily helps me connect the dots between enterprises, tech vendors, govt regulations etc. thus helping me broaden my understanding of the field.
As a ICT Public Policy professional, I have been an avid reader of Communications Today since past 5 years. The magazine encapsulates trending and futuristic news, views and insights of the telecom world, which is a herculean task given the fact that this industry is evolving almost every day. The CT Team is doing a commendable job through its magazine regularly that also uniquely positions fresh and diverse perspectives on current issues. In many ways, CT’s role is very critical in updating relevant stakeholders such as policymakers, industry, civil society, young professionals, and academicians with ongoing debates and happenings of the telecom sector across India and the world.
The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep one abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency.
We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
Communications Today is the magazine which covers latest trends with their pros and cons based on views from experienced hands in the industry from where every organization can get the benefits as per their needs and also best-fitted solutions. The only thing required is to read all the case studies and other articles published in this magazine. This is the only magazine that takes the inputs directly from the end-users of the technology, who can tell of the benefits and things to be taken care of while implementing new technologies. So this magazine is a sort of virtual guide.
The world of communications is going through a transformation. There are multiple factors that are invigorating this radical change – digital disruption, technological advancements, competitive consolidation, regulatory injunctions, innovation, and changing consumer behavior. The net result is that every player in the value chain has to cognitively change their market strategy, product/service proposition, or business model to sustain and stay relevant.
Communications Today is my go-to resource, whenever I am looking out for any latest trend in telecom technologies and regulation. Actually, it is working as a multi-sided platform for knowledge exchange, wherein we are invited to contribute our ideas, knowledge, and experience in a very author-friendly manner. Looking forward to the next issue as always.