February 18, 2019
Headlines of the Day
February 15, 2019
February 13, 2019
February 12, 2019
February 8, 2019
February 7, 2019
- BSNL Employees To Intensify Strike
- Govt To Telecom Operators: Crack Down On Those Sending Obscene Messages
- Govt Approves National Electronics Policy 2019, Eyes $400 Bn Turnover By 2025
- DoT Says Actively Pursuing BSNL Revival Plan
- India Open And Welcoming Towards Us
- Technology Funds High On Rupee Slide, Global IT Services Growth
- In Search Of Champions
- Fate Of Land Assets Worth Rs 20,000 Crore To Be Decided Tomorrow
- Debt-laden MTNL Seeks DoT Bailout To Stay Afloat, Submits Plan To Govt
- SC’s Order On Ericsson’s Contempt Plea Against Anil Ambani, Others On Wed
- Tech Giants Are Watching You
- Small And Medium Enterprises Ride Piggyback On Cellphone Boom
- Reliance Jio Serves Another Ace: Mukesh Ambani-Owned Telco Sells Close To 50 Million 4G Feature Phones
- Centre Must Provide Financial Support To Facilitate Major 5G Trials: COAI
- RSS Affiliate Wants Ban On Chinese Telecom, E-Commerce Platforms To Protest Against China’s Pro-Pak Stance
- DoT May Not Extend 90-Day Period For Telecom Firms To Test 5G Spectrum
- Government Asks Agitating BSNL Workers To Revoke Strike, Assures To Mull Over Demands
- Anil Ambani’s Reliance Group Shares Surge After Agreement With Lenders
- How IoT Will Power Business Processes In 2019
- Why Protect Steel, Not Telecom: How Does The Government Pick Winners?
- Reliance Group Lenders Not To Sell Pledged Shares Till Sept
- Not Yet Informed Of Govt’s Decision On Telecom Ombudsman: TRAI To DoT
- Airtel Eyes Insourcing To Manage IT Infra As IBM Contract Up For Renewal
- How The Centre Is Dismantling BSNL
- Only Less Than Half Of India’s Women Know What The Internet Is All About
- ‘Tampering Order’: Supreme Court Sacks Two Of Its Employees
- Indian Telecom Companies Including Reliance Jio Blocking Websites Including Soundcloud, Telegram
- Vodafone Idea In Talks To Sell Mobile Tower Stake, Optical Fibre Assets For Rs 20,000 Crore
- Jio Can’t Be Allowed To Finish Off Competitors
- BSNL Plans To Install Mobile Towers At China Border, Survey Begins
- Reliance Jio Beats Airtel, Vodafone Idea In 4g Download Speed
- SC Declines To Stay TDSAT Order Favouring RCom On Spectrum Row
- PGCIL Can Offer Power Towers To Telecom Firms
- Idea Cellular Limited: Technical Watch As Shares Drop -28.99% For Quarter
Communications Today has slowly become our go to destination to be updated on perspectives on IT and telecom industry because of the holistic picture it presents. As a marketing professional, working in a technology research company, it becomes imperative that I keep myself updated with news and views from different stakeholders and I particularly like CT’s rich content in this regard. A quick browse through the website daily helps me connect the dots between enterprises, tech vendors, govt regulations etc. thus helping me broaden my understanding of the field.
As a ICT Public Policy professional, I have been an avid reader of Communications Today since past 5 years. The magazine encapsulates trending and futuristic news, views and insights of the telecom world, which is a herculean task given the fact that this industry is evolving almost every day. The CT Team is doing a commendable job through its magazine regularly that also uniquely positions fresh and diverse perspectives on current issues. In many ways, CT’s role is very critical in updating relevant stakeholders such as policymakers, industry, civil society, young professionals, and academicians with ongoing debates and happenings of the telecom sector across India and the world.
The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep one abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency.
We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
Communications Today is the magazine which covers latest trends with their pros and cons based on views from experienced hands in the industry from where every organization can get the benefits as per their needs and also best-fitted solutions. The only thing required is to read all the case studies and other articles published in this magazine. This is the only magazine that takes the inputs directly from the end-users of the technology, who can tell of the benefits and things to be taken care of while implementing new technologies. So this magazine is a sort of virtual guide.
The world of communications is going through a transformation. There are multiple factors that are invigorating this radical change – digital disruption, technological advancements, competitive consolidation, regulatory injunctions, innovation, and changing consumer behavior. The net result is that every player in the value chain has to cognitively change their market strategy, product/service proposition, or business model to sustain and stay relevant.
Communications Today is my go-to resource, whenever I am looking out for any latest trend in telecom technologies and regulation. Actually, it is working as a multi-sided platform for knowledge exchange, wherein we are invited to contribute our ideas, knowledge, and experience in a very author-friendly manner. Looking forward to the next issue as always.