Savitri Telecom Services has recently introduced Viavi Solution’s T-BERD/MTS-5800. The T-BERD/MTS-5800 handheld network tester is the one tool that network technicians and engineers need to install, turn-up, and maintain their networks. It supports both the legacy and emerging technologies required to handle various network applications including metro/core, mobile backhaul, and business services installations.
The industry’s smallest handheld instrument can test throughout the service life cycle, including fiber characterization, service activation, troubleshooting, and maintenance. Advanced Ethernet test features such as TrueSpeed per RFC 6349, J-Profiler, Wirespeed capture/decode, and automated J-Mentor, help field technicians test their networks faster and more accurately than ever before.
The configurable T-BERD/MTS-5800 is the industry’s smallest dual 10 G handheld instrument for Ethernet, SONET, SDH, OTN, fiber channel, and CPRI/OBSAI testing:
- All test interfaces are readily available;
- Compact form factor for easy portability: 7 x 9.5 x 3 in (17.8 x 24.1 x 7.62 cm);
- Large 7-inch multi-touch display; and
- Integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth lets you easily connect test sets and offload results.
- Simplifies multi-technology testing with an all-in-one dual-10 G handheld;
- Optimized for field use with a multi-touch screen, scripted workflows, and clear results;
- Supports efficient best practices with repeatable methods and procedures with job manager-guided workflows; and
- Speeds fiber characterization, Ethernet service activation, and troubleshooting.
- Automated, enhanced RFC 2544 and SAM complete testing per ITU-T Y.1564;
- Integrated burst testing approach per MEF 34 and RFC 6349 TrueSpeed TCP throughput testing;
- Timing/Synchronization testing with PTP, SyncE, and 1 PPS, 2 MHz and 10 MHz Wander; and
- Compatible with Viavi 4100-Series OTDR, fiber complete, and COSA modules with Smart Link Mapper, fiber microscopes, and optical power meters.