Connect with us

Trends

Virtual Private Server market expected to grow at a CAGR of 17.1%

The Global Virtual Private Server Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17.1% over the forecast period. Major growth drivers for the market include several advantages of VPS, such as availability of the cost-effective virtual private server, growing insecurity concerns among enterprises, enhanced customization, scalability, and downtime and more control with virtual servers than shared hosting, according to Research and Markets.

Key highlights
A significant rise in the number of cyber-attacks and a surge in demand for cloud-based security solutions is expected to boost the virtual private servers market over the forecast period, as according to US-based Ixia, 90% of IT professionals are concerned about their data and application security in the cloud.

Virtual private servers are the best solution to increase mobility for small to mid-size businesses which are embracing both private and public cloud services to transform their business processes, as according to Acronis International GmbH, 67% of small business proprietors and 81% of medium business proprietors assume that technology solutions assist them in running their businesses better or that technology solutions help them significantly improve business outcomes.

There is a growth of the VPS market due to the emergence of trends, such as BYOD. VPS Hosting, the concept of BYOD, and cloud computing combined becomes more useful means of conducting business, as according to a survey conducted by IBM Corporation, 82% of respondents expect smartphones to play a “critical role in business productivity in the next two years, and 36% of those surveyed deemed laptops vital to overall productivity.

Moreover, according to Cisco, 95% of organizations allow personal devices in some way in the workplace, and the other 5% are probably high-security oriented. Apperian, Inc. says 53% of enterprises indicate mobility improves business processes and productivity. According to Syntonic Inc., 87% of companies are dependent to some extent on their employee’s ability to access mobile business apps from their smartphones.

The Linux segment is expected to be the major revenue contributor throughout the forecast period, owing to an increase in demand for secure operating systems by a majority of enterprises. Besides, VPS hosting on Linux costs less maintenance and service than Windows VPS hosting, which is also the primary reason most organizations are opting for Linux-based VPS solutions.

The virtual private server market’s significant challenges are the availability of shared hosting, dedicated hosting, and cloud servers, along with limited physical resource and bandwidth availability, apart from that Integration of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence with VPS along with the adoption of cloud-based services among global organizations to provide growth opportunities for VPS providers.

With several nations in lockdown due to COVID-19 and so many people working (and learning) from home, online usage has grown significantly, but so far, the internet is catching up well. Akamai has witnessed a 20% rise in daily DDoS attacks between February and March, and Nokia measured a 40% rise.

Verizon saw a 20% boost in web traffic in a week as U.S. users began staying home in March and it’s still 27% greater than usual; VPN and VPS usage are higher 49% with employees working from home, video is up by 36% and online gaming by 115%.

CT Bureau

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2022 Communications Today

error: Content is protected !!