Google Cloud brings generative AI to developers, businesses
Generative AI is poised to usher in a new wave of interactive, multimodal experiences that transform how we interact with information, brands, and one another. Harnessing the power of decades of Google’s research, innovation, and investment in AI, Google Cloud is bringing businesses and governments the ability to generate text, images, code, videos, audio, and more from simple natural language prompts.
Realizing the potential of this technology means putting it in the hands of every developer, business, and government. To date, it has been difficult for organizations to access generative AI, let alone customize it, and at times the technology is prone to producing inaccurate information that could undermine trust. A decade ago, mobile ecosystems soared as businesses and developers gained safe, secure, and powerful tools suited to new form factors, interfaces, and interactions — and likewise, for generative AI to blossom, organizations need a new generation of tools that make it simple to build generative AI applications, or gen apps.
To address these needs, Google Cloud will launch a range of products that infuse generative AI into our offerings, empowering developers to responsibly build with enterprise-level safety, security, and privacy. This journey starts today with the introduction of two new technologies:
Generative AI support in Vertex AI gives data science teams access to foundation models from Google and others, letting them build and customize atop these models on the same platform they use for homegrown ML models and MLOps.
Generative AI App Builder allows developers to quickly ship new experiences including bots, chat interfaces, custom search engines, digital assistants, and more. Developers have API access to Google’s foundation models and can use out-of-the-box templates to jumpstart the creation of gen apps in minutes or hours.
Across these, Google Cloud ensures organizations have complete control over if, how, and for what their data is used.
“Google Cloud is bringing decades of AI research, innovation, and investment to the world with the launch of Generative AI support in Vertex AI and Generative AI App Builder,” said Ritu Jyoti, Group Vice President, Worldwide Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Automation Research, IDC. “With this, Google Cloud is poised to enable a whole new generation of builders, innovators, developers and doers to harness the power of AI in novel ways. Google Cloud’s vision to empower teams, transform industries and truly change the world for the better is inspiring, and what sets them apart is their thoughtful yet bold approach, grounded in their deep commitment to responsibility.”
Build, tune, and deploy foundation models with Vertex AI
Vertex AI, Google Cloud’s machine learning platform for training and deploying ML models and AI applications, is getting its biggest upgrade ever.
- Generative AI support in Vertex AI offers the simplest way for data science teams to take advantage of foundation models like PaLM, in a way that provides them with the most choice and control, including the ability to:
- Choose the use case you want to solve for. Developers can now easily access PaLM API on Vertex AI to immediately address use cases such as content generation, chat, summarization, classification, and more.
- Choose from Google’s latest foundation models. Options will include models invented by Google Research and DeepMind, and support for a variety of data formats, including text, image, video, code, and audio.
- Choose from a variety of models. Over time, Vertex AI will support open-source and third-party models. With the widest variety of model types and sizes available in one place, Vertex AI gives customers the flexibility to use the best resource for their business needs.
- Choose how to tune, customize, and optimize prompts. Use business data to increase the relevance of foundation model output and maintain control over costs, while ensuring data sovereignty and privacy.
- Choose how to engage with models. Whether via notebooks, APIs, or interactive prompts, a variety of tools lets developers, data scientists, and data engineers all contribute to building gen apps and customized models.
“Since its launch, Vertex AI has helped transform the way CNA scales AI, better managing machine learning models in production,” said Santosh Bardwaj, SVP, Global Chief Data & Analytics Officer at CNA Insurance. “With Generative AI support in Vertex AI, CNA can now tailor its insights to best suit the unique business needs of customers and colleagues.”
You must be logged in to post a comment Login