With the proliferation of cellular standards and new frequencies being assigned, operators face increasing challenges to keep their networks operating at an optimal level. Interference from a variety of sources leads to dropped calls, slow data rates, and poor network performance. Today’s users want their applications to work anywhere and anytime, at the fastest data rates possible. Optimizing the user experience is therefore a primary goal of network operators. This translates into customer loyalty, reduced customer churn, and superior brand.
Interference mitigation of cellular networks is a top priority for optimizing networks and maximizing revenue for cellular network operators. The MS27103A provides spectrum assurance with all applications being accessed and controlled remotely. Interference and unusual signal activity can be monitored and recorded, threshold alarms can be set, and signals of interest geo-located. With the Anritsu spectrum monitoring system, your spectrum investment is protected.
Interference in Satellite Systems
The MS27103A is ideal for satellite operators and broadcasters who need to rely on clear communication channels to ensure optimal performance. A typical earth station will consist of many satellite dishes, all of which need to be monitored in real time. The MS27103A multiport remote spectrum monitor enables the spectrum of each satellite uplink or downlink to be monitored for spectral purity and the presence of interferers. Alarms can be automatically triggered on detection of unwanted interferers that would degrade the signal integrity. The MS27103A with multiple RF inputs is ideally suited for multiple transmission monitoring.
The MS27103A can monitor up to 12 satellite signals, with an option to extend the number of inputs to 24. The MS27103A employs capabilities such as remote power cycling, automated system recovery protocols, and watchdog timer to ensure uninterrupted operation. Also featured is a high dynamic range, high sensitivity, and low spurious signals. This enables the MS27103A to reliably distinguish between low-level signals being observed and those signals generated by the monitor itself.
The MS27103A remote spectrum monitor is designed to identify and locate interfering signals. This serves to keep satellite communication channels clear, a key goal for satellite operators. This translates into customer loyalty, reduced customer churn, and superior brand. Capable of sweep rates up to 24 GHz/s, the MS27103A allows for the capture of many types of signals. This includes periodic or transient transmissions as well as short bursty signals. The 20 MHz instantaneous FFT bandwidth available on the MS27103A monitor provides the ability for wideband real-time captures of signal activity for subsequent post-processing. IQ captures can be recorded both in block mode or streamed.
- Automation and scalability
- Highly automated process to help minimize expenses while preserving network integrity
- Using vision software or your own applications, users can identify patterns of interference, record a spectrum history, and locate the sources of problem signals
- SpectraVision software allows users to perform signal analysis for satellite and other signal types
- Easily add additional monitors as the need for interference mitigation grows
- New features and options can be added remotely, no site visits required
- Network interference monitoring
- Geo-location of interference signals
- Maintain history of spectrum activity
- Set power threshold levels to automatically generate alarms
- Generate records of interference events for potential legal action
- Spectrum occupancy measurements