The Un-carrier today launched the T-Mobile eSIM app. Now, travelers to the U.S. and others can use the eSIM on the latest iPhones to add a secondary prepaid line to any unlocked iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR. By launching an iOS app, T-Mobile is making it simple to light up eSIM. Just download the app and select a prepaid plan that works for you. No trekking to a store or juggling two different physical SIM cards – adding a line is done from the convenience of the app, wherever you are.
The T-Mobile eSIM app was built for:
- Travelers coming to the U.S.: Eliminate the hassle of buying a temporary phone or hunting down Wi-Fi hotspots by adding a T-Mobile prepaid plan to your iPhone.
- Existing T-Mobile customers: Add a secondary prepaid line on one device and keep your work and personal calls separate.
- Anyone who wants to try T-Mobile: Not yet a T-Mobile customer? Use eSIM to take the Un-carrier out for a test drive and try out America’s fastest 4G LTE network.
Getting started is easy. Download the T-Mobile eSIM app from the App Store. Enter your email and follow the activation steps to select your plan. Current T-Mobile customers will have to enter a new email address if it’s already connected to a T-Mobile account.
T-Mobile offers three prepaid plans for eSIM activation, depending on your needs, and T-Mobile plans to support postpaid plans with eSIM in the future:
- T-Mobile ONE Prepaid with unlimited voice, text, and data for $70; 30 day expiry
- Simply Prepaid with unlimited voice, text, and 10GB of LTE data for $40; 30 day expiry
- Tourist Plan with 1000 minutes, unlimited text, and 2GB of LTE data for $30; 21 day expiry
T-Mobile’s eSIM app supports any T-Mobile or unlocked iPhone XS, XS Max or XR with iOS 12.1.1 or later. – CT Bureau