Dell’Oro Group, the trusted source for market information about the telecommunications, security, networks, and data center industries announced today the launch of its new AI Networks for AI Workloads Advanced Research Report. The first report will be released in December 2023.
“The AI industry is going through a major inflection point and a tectonic shift that some industry pioneers have dubbed the “iPhone moment of AI”,” said Sameh Boujelbene, Vice President at Dell’Oro Group. “What sets these emerging AI applications apart is the sheer number of parameters that they have to manage, which would require thousands or tens of thousands of accelerated servers. Connecting these accelerated servers in large clusters requires a data center-scale fabric, known as the AI back-end network, which differs from a traditional front-end network used to connect general-purpose servers. In addition, AI workloads have distinct attributes and characteristics that propel the need for an AI fabric specifically optimized and tuned to meet the requirements of AI workloads,” added Boujelbene.
The AI Networks for AI Workloads Advanced Research Report will address key topics, including:
- What are the unique requirements of AI Networks
- What are the various network design options and topologies to support AI workloads?
- What is the total market opportunity for AI Networks?
- How big is the Back-end network vs. Front-end network?
- What is the current and future share of Ethernet vs. InfiniBand and what are the use cases driving each one of these technologies?