Verizon continues to upgrade Wichita’s best network
Verizon has recently made major upgrades to the network serving customers in Wichita, KS. These upgrades are part of a multi-year redesign of its network architecture to stay ahead of exponential data usage increases, upgrade the technology in the network, and to pave the way for personalized customer experiences. Network upgrades in Wichita include deploying new cell sites to extend coverage and capacity in local communities. They also include adding more capacity on fiber optic cables to move more data through the network and adding bandwidth to the cellular network to accommodate new services like wireless internet service for homes and businesses. Specifics on the upgrades include:
- 73% of people in the Wichita area are now covered with 5G Ultra Wideband service, experiencing the speed and security of 5G Ultra Wideband service. In the past several months, Verizon engineers expanded coverage and capacity by activating a new macro cell along I-135 and highways 96/254 improving performance in the primarily industrial area. Additional coverage will soon be added in the areas west of Andover around Crestview Country club. Additionally, engineers have added three small cells in south Wichita close to the McConnell Air Force Base which will improve speed and performance for Verizon’s 4G customers around the base.
- Wichita’s exceptional 5G coverage uses Verizon’s recently acquired C-band spectrum. Verizon engineers are using up to 100 MHz of C-band spectrum to deliver 5G service to customers. By the end of the year, customers in Wichita will be able to take advantage of even more spectrum as it becomes available for 5G Ultra Wideband, almost tripling what’s currently available. That additional bandwidth will turbo charge the service, offering significantly higher speeds, much greater capacity to accommodate more customers and more robust services
- Lastly, the addition of 5G service and the many additional wireless solutions allow far more data to travel on the wireless network in Wichita. That exponential increase in data carried into and out of the cell sites serving the community requires upgraded fiber optic cable links. Fiber optic cables are used to move data between cell sites and connect those sites to the rest of the network. Verizon has increased the capacity on the fiber connections in many cell sites in the Wichita area so they can carry 10 times the amount of data.
“Verizon is committed to delivering the most reliable network experience and meeting our customer’s connectivity needs, no matter where they are. Our reliable, secure network connects families, friends, homes and businesses in Wichita with our secure, reliable, best-in-class 5G Ultra Wideband technology,” said Phillip French, Vice President of Engineering and Operations for Verizon.
With these and other technology advancements on Verizon’s network, customers are able to use more data in more ways. This multi-service network powers:
- Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices that do very little networking and stay in place,
- smartphones with infinite opportunities to use data in a highly mobile environment,
- home and business internet which provides connectivity via the wireless network for homes, offices and retail environments, and
- complex solutions like Augmented Reality or enterprise real-time video and data analysis that require massive computing capabilities.
As 5G technology advances and is even more widely adopted by consumers the variety of solutions that will use Verizon’s network will continue to evolve as well.
Wichita, KS customers have the best experience on Verizon’s network
The recent network upgrades have led to customers having the best experience on the Verizon network in Wichita, KS, according to the nation’s most rigorous scientific testing company RootMetrics®. In the most recent test measuring performance of major wireless carriers throughout Wichita, Verizon ranks highest for overall network performance, reliability and accessibility and in fact is unbeaten in every single category including speed, and performance in data, texts and calls. Today’s results show great speeds for Verizon customers in Wichita with Verizon’s download speeds increasing 241% and upload speeds increasing more than 50% since last year.
Services from the network customers rely on
For customers in Wichita, the additional coverage and capacity means more customers now have access not only to reliable, fast mobile service, but also Verizon Home Internet service, a different kind of home internet with no data caps. It’s ideal for anyone who wants super fast connectivity to stream, game or even work remotely. Verizon Home Internet is reliable and fast enough to power home connected devices: smart TVs, tablets, phones, gaming consoles and more. Plans start at just $25 per month with AutoPay and a select 5G mobile plan – all without extra fees, equipment charges, annual contracts or data caps.** Go to verizon.com/home for availability. Visit verizon.com/deals for the latest 5G phones and accessories.
Additionally, through Verizon Frontline, the advanced network and technology developed over three decades of partnership with first responders to meet their unique and evolving needs, public safety agencies in the Wichita area will also be able to experience the benefits of these network enhancements. To learn more about Verizon Frontline, visit verizon.com/frontline.
Wichita area businesses have access to 5G Business Internet from Verizon. 5G Business Internet is ultra-fast wireless business internet powered by 5G Ultra Wideband. This wireless alternative to cable internet is for businesses of all sizes and includes self-setup or professional installation options, multiple pricing and service options, unlimited data, and a 10-year price guarantee (price guarantee excludes taxes and fees) for 5G Business Internet service. To learn more about Verizon 5G Business Internet, visit verizon.com/5gbusinessinternet and plug in an address to see what service is available.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login