Headlines of the Day
TIH through NM-ICPS boost new, emerging tech
The 25 Technology Innovation Hubs (TIH) set up across the country through the National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS) are boosting new and emerging technologies to power national initiatives in key areas. They are bringing out several technological solutions for people-centric problems. Several technologies and technology platforms established under the mission have helped push impact in multiple sectors.
A total of 496 technological products, including 46 new technologies, have been developed through these TIHs. They include the first-of-its-kind Internet of Things (IoT) device that monitors ambient temperature during the transportation of vaccines, including Covid-19, medicines, blood samples, food and dairy products, meat products, and animal semen developed by researchers at the IIT Ropar Technology Innovation Hub – AWaDH and its startup ScratchNest. Besides, a team of scientists from IIT Bombay has developed tapestry method for screening COVID-19 under Remedial Action, Knowledge Skimming, and Holistic Analysis of COVID-19 (RAKSHAK), an effort supported by the Technology Innovation Hub (TIH) at IIT Jodhpur.
An AI-driven platform that helped Chest X-ray interpretation of images sent over WhatsApp was developed by ARTPARK at IISc Bangalore. It brought early intervention through rapid screening of COVID 19, aiding doctors who have no access to X-ray machines.
A consortium launched by IITM Pravartak Technologies Foundation and five other entrepreneurial start-up companies in the deep tech and engineering domain have been established Under the mission I-STAC.DB – Indian Space Technologies and Applications Consortium Design Bureau.
The TIHs have also led to the establishment of 13 Technology Business Incubator (TBI), 54 Start-ups & Spin-off companies, and the creation of around 928 jobs. 2024 Human Resource Development activities, including 1083 Skill Development programmes, have been conducted, and 32 International Collaborations started. The initiative has also given rise to 191 Publications, IPR, and other intellectual activities, as well as 1073 Entrepreneurship Development activities.
NM-ICPS, which fosters technological solutions in health, education, energy, environment, agriculture, strategy cum security, Industry 4.0 is being implemented through 25 Technology Innovation Hubs (TIHs) established in top academic, and National R&D Institutes was approved at by the Union Cabinet at a total cost of Rs 3660 crores in December 2018. All the hubs are working on developing solutions for people-centric problems.
The hubs include the following:
- AI4ICPS I-Hub Foundation (TIH) at IIT Kharagpur working in the area of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- TIH Foundation for IoT and IoE at IIT Bombay, working in the area of Technologies for Internet of Things & Internet of Everything.
- IIIT-H Data I-Hub Foundation at IIIT Hyderabad, working in the area of Data Banks & Data Services, Data Analysis.
- I-HUB for Robotics and Autonomous Systems Innovation Foundation at IISc Bangalore, working in the area of Robotics & Autonomous Systems.
- IHUB NTIHAC Foundation at IIT Kanpur, working in the area of Cyber Security and Cyber Security for Physical Infrastructure.
- IHUB Drishti Foundation at IIT Jodhpur, working in the area of Computer Vision, Augmented and virtual reality.
- Divyasampark IHUB Roorkee for Devices Materials and Technology Foundation at IIT Roorkee, working in the area of Device Technology and Materials.
- IIT Patna Vishlesan I-hub Foundation at IIT Patna, working in the area of Speech, Video & Text Analytics.
- IIT Madras Pravartak Technologies Foundation at IIT Madras, working in the area of Sensors, Networking, Actuator & controls.
- NMICPS Technology Innovation Hub on Autonomous Navigation Foundation (TiHAN) at IIT Hyderabad working in the area of
- Autonomous Navigation and Data Acquisition systems(UAV, RoVetc).
- I-DAPT-HUB Foundation at IIT BHU, working in the area of Data Analytics & Predictive Technologies.
- IIT Guwahati Technology Innovation and Development Foundation at IIT Guwahati, working in the area of Technologies for Underwater exploration.
- IIT Mandi I-Hub and HCI Foundation at IIT Mandi, working in the area of Human-Computer Interaction.
- I-Hub Foundation for Cobotics (IHFC) at IIT Delhi, working in the area of Cobotics.
- IIT Ropar Technology and Innovation Foundation at IIT Ropar, working in the area of Technologies for Agriculture & Water.
- Technology Innovation in Exploration & Mining Foundation at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad, working in the area of Technologies for Mining.
- IIT Palakkad Technology I-Hub Foundation, working in the area of Intelligent Collaborative Systems.
- IIITB Comet Foundation at IIIT Bangalore, working in the area of Advanced Communication System, BITS BioCYTiH Foundation at BITS Pilani, working in the area of Bio-CPS
- IDEAS- Institute of Data Engineering, Analytics and Science Foundation at ISI Kolkata, working in the area of Data Science, Big Data Analytics and Data curation, etc.
- IITI Drishti CPS Foundation at IIT Indore, working in the area of System Simulation, Modelling & Visualization.
- IHUB Anubhuti-IIITD Foundation at IIIT Delhi, working in the area of Cognitive Computing & Social Censing.
- I-Hub Quantum Technology Foundation at IISER Pune, working in the area of Quantum Technologies.
- IIT Tirupati Navavishkar I-Hub Foundation at IIT Tirupati, working in the area of Positioning and Precision Technologies.
- IIT Bhilai Innovation and Technology Foundation at IIT Bhilai, working in the area of Technologies for financial sector (Fintech).
You must be logged in to post a comment Login