August 17, 2018
Headlines of the Day
- Airtel Plans to Rollout 10,000 New Mobile Sites in Bengal to Boost Network
- Indian Telecom Industry – Stabilisation Few Quarters Away
- Airtel Revises its Postpaid Plan to Take on Jio, Vodafone
- Reliance Plans Hybrid ‘Online-To-Offline’ Retail
- BSNL VoIP Calling Service, WINGS Roll Out Starts From August 1
- Telcos Move PMO to Stop Telecom Dept from Delicensing Spectrum in E, V Bands
- TRAI Moots Measures to Make ICT Services Accessible for Differently-abled
- DoT Gives a Conditional Nod to Vodafone-Idea Cellular Merger
- Telecom Ministry Clears Idea-Vodafone Merger with Conditions
- Mukesh Ambani’s Aim to More than Double RIL’s Size Looks Achievable
- Jio GigaFibre Launch: Airtel Removes FUP Limits on Broadband Plans in Hyd
- TRAI’s Regulatory Framework For Broadcasting and Cable TV Sector
- TRAI issues “The Telecommunication Interconnection (Amendment) Regulations, 2018”
- How Your Phone May be Spying on You
- WhatsApp Testing Highly-awaited Feature: All You Need to Know
- Why Virtual Technologies are the New Real
- Data Privacy and Protection in the Cloud is Good for Business
- Wi-Fi Without Licence Can Land You in Trouble? Know Why
- DoT Seeks Legal Opinion from ASG on Vodafone-Idea Cellular Merger
- Shareholders Approve Giving Mukesh Ambani Another 5 Years as RIL Chairman
- Telcos Oppose TRAI, Claim Public WiFi Model- A Threat to National Security
- JioGigaFiber Launch Sets Den Network, Hathway Cable’s Stocks Tumbling Upto 18%
- Jio Phone Finally Supports WhatsApp, Facebook, and YouTube: How to Get Them
- Jio’s fibre-based fixed line broadband a ‘Gamechanger’? Here is What Industry Body COAI has to Say
- BSNL Unveils Internet Telephony Service ‘Wings’
- TRAI Issues Changes to Interconnect Regulations; Tweaks Norms
- 501 Reasons to Switch! RIL Roils Telecom Segment Again – Here is How
- Jio GigaFiber FTTH Broadband Service with Up to 1Gbps Data Speeds Announced: How to Register
- Broadband Providers’ Shares Fall After RIL Launches JioGigaFiber
- HC Seeks Centre’s Reply on Vodafone Plea
- Aircel-Maxis Case: DC to Consider Charge Sheet Against Karti Chidambaram on July 6
- India Focusing on Creating Regulatory Framework for 5G: Minister
- Airtel Takes on Vodafone, Revises Rs 799 and Rs 1199 Postpaid Plans
- Reliance Jio’s Cheap Offers Deeply Affect Telecom Industry
- Ciena Ranks #1 Globally In 2018 IHS Markit Optical Network Hardware Vendor Scorecard
- Nokia’s Cloud-native Core Deployed By India’s Idea Cellular In Its Path To Digitalization
- Samsung Announces Exynos Modem 5100, Industry’s First 5G Modem
- Patanjali To Launch Kimbho Chat App On August 27
- Microsoft’s Cortana Mistake
- Trump Signs $716 bn Defense Policy Bill with Watered-Down China Measures
- Is Recent Growth in Asia’s Fixed Broadband Sector Set to Slow?
- Huawei Likely to be Spared Australia 5G Ban
- BlackBerry again Recognized as a Leader in the 2018 IDC MarketScape EMM Report
- Emercoin Partners with Infopulse, a Large International Software R&D Company
- Strategy Analytics: Q1 2018 Smartphone Apps Processor Market Share: Chips with On-device Artificial Intelligence (AI) Grew Three Fold
- China Smartphone Units Drop by 6% YoY while Average Selling Prices Grow by 15% in 2Q18, IDC Reports
- Businesses Expect Industrial IoT to Boost their Revenues by $154 Mn Finds Inmarsat Study
- Impact of China-U.S.Trade War on Chinese Economy and ICT Market
- Strategy Analytics: Promising Future for IoT in Industrial Markets
- The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
- Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep one abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency.
- We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
- "With the technological advancements, telecom world is experiencing changes continually. Communications Today has been a witness to these betterments, from 2G to 4G and hybrid communications to unified communications. Communications Today has always offered me invaluable insights of the rapidly changing telecom landscape and a window to the nitty-gritties of the upcoming innovations. The perfectly structured articles focusing on the trends in telecom and IT industries have been a reliable source for understanding the current and future communication needs of the end-customers.
- Communications Today is the magazine which covers latest trends with their pros and cons based on views from experienced hands in the industry from where every organization can get the benefits as per their needs and also best-fitted solutions. The only thing required is to read all the case studies and other articles published in this magazine. This is the only magazine that takes the inputs directly from the end-users of the technology, who can tell of the benefits and things to be taken care of while implementing new technologies. So this magazine is a sort of virtual guide.
- The world of communications is going through a transformation. There are multiple factors that are invigorating this radical change – digital disruption, technological advancements, competitive consolidation, regulatory injunctions, innovation, and changing consumer behavior. The net result is that every player in the value chain has to cognitively change their market strategy, product/service proposition, or business model to sustain and stay relevant.
- Communications Today is my go-to resource, whenever I am looking out for any latest trend in telecom technologies and regulation. Actually, it is working as a multi-sided platform for knowledge exchange, wherein we are invited to contribute our ideas, knowledge, and experience in a very author-friendly manner. Looking forward to the next issue as always.
- Communications Today is a reputed publication, and it provides comprehensive coverage of the telecom and IT industry. The portal is quite informative with news and updates as well as articles and interviews from different industry leaders. This gives you valuable insights and helps you to keep abreast of the technological changes.