August 22, 2019
Headlines of the Day
August 21, 2019
August 20, 2019
- Airtel, Vodafone Idea CEOs Discuss 5G Roadmap In India, Telecom Sector Demands At 5G Congress 2018
- Reliance Jio Most Benefited From Smaller Operators Shut Down: TRAI
- 5G Spectrum Auction: India Govt Targets 2019-End
- New Telecom Policy May Be Placed Before Cabinet On Wednesday
- Indian Businesses Worried Over Data Privacy, Cyber Security: Dell Survey
- All Telecom Equipment Used By Operators Will Have To Undergo Mandatory Testing
- Airtel, Idea, Reliance Communications Shares Sink By Up To 12%; What’s Cooking In Telecom?
- Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Jio Continues Eating Into Incumbent Subscriber Pie
- DoT Moves Supreme Court To Seek Rs 33,000 Crore Spectrum Dues
- 100 Gbps By 2019 ! ISRO Says These 4 Satellites Will Make It Possible
- Airtel To Start Doorstep Delivery of iPhone XS And iPhone XS Max From September 28
- Free WiFi Across Bengaluru In Six Months, Says Deputy CM Parameshwara
- Reliance Jio Appoints Shyam Mardikar As Group CTO of Mobile Networks
- India Has Only A Meagre 17.4% Women Mobile Subscribers, Says DoT Data
- TRAI Rules Out Interference In Telecom Tariffs
- Heavy Job Losses of Up To 75,000 To In Telecom Sector Due To M&A, But Reliance Jio Continues To Hire Big
- Spectrum Auction For 5G Likely In Later Half of 2019: Telecom Secretary
- AAP Government Exploring Different Models To Execute Free Wi-Fi Facility In Delhi
- Airtel v/s Reliance Jio To Play Out Next In Regional Content
- Too Much Disturbance
- Jio Says Only Indian Telco To Offer iPhone eSIM Activation For Prepaid Users
- BSNL Iinks Deal With Softbank, NTT To Roll Out 5G, IoT Service
- Vodafone Idea Sends Letter To DoT Asking To Recalculate Spectrum Prices
- Telecom Has Revived, Now Among Fastest Growing Sectors : Narendra Modi
- RCom Caps Borrowing Limit To Rs 50,000 Crore
- Government Starts Selection Process For BSNL CMD Post
- Government Is Determined To Make Public WiFi A Success: Aruna Sundararajan
- Airtel, Reliance Jio And Sterlite Tech Bid For Aircel Assets, Says Report
- SC Extends Deadline By 3 Months For Aircel-Maxis Deal Probe
- Jio, Airtel Among Four Companies Bidding For Aircel’s Fibre Assets
- How Artificial Intelligence Is Already Impacting Today’s Jobs
- China Urges India To Be Fair To Chinese Telecom Firms
- Anil Ambani’s Telecom Monopoly Forecast May Be Wrong, Unless Rules Change
- Mandatory Localisation Can Stifle Innovation: Rishad Premji on Data Privacy
- Amazon Opens Its Biggest Global Campus In India
- Samsung Wants To Focus On Relevant Features That Matters To Consumers
- Xiaomi May Have A New Worry In India And It Is Called Realme
- Realme To Open Its Exclusive Retail Stores In India Before December
- Vivo To Invest Rs 4000 Crore In India, Aims To Manufacture 5 Crore Handsets Per Year
Communications Today is an independent news platform covering the latest technological advancements, market trends and key business issues facing the industry today from a global as well as a daily news, in-depth analysis and expert commentary across a comprehensive range of hot topics, including Digital Transformation, 4G/5G, AI, IoT, NFV, SDN, Security, VR/AR and much more. The impartial investigation of the Indian and global telecoms industry is supplemented by regular in-depth features, executive interviews and opinion pieces. I have been following Communications Today for the last 10 years and found the platform to be extremely informative, insightful and it has always kept pace with the fast changing technology landscape by ensuring all what is published in its publication and what is reflected in the website is current and up to date. I am very confident that Communications Today will continue to set very high standards given its impeccable track record of delivering high-value and high-quality content to its users. Wishing the Communications Today team all the very best in the future and am hoping that they will scale new heights in the future!!
Communications Today immensely contributes to the rapidly evolving communications landscape and each issue highlights the latest advancements made across technology areas. The magazine analyses and illustrates leading-edge technologies across solution vendors and communication service providers that are driving change, while showcasing the latest products, technology solutions, case studies, and industry views. The magazine captures and features advanced trends & developments that are shaping up the telecommunications industry and delivers comprehensive coverage of up-to-date news and market intelligence. An excellent platform and a great resource for enterprise users and communication professionals Communications Today serve the ICT and telecommunications industry with high-quality thought leadership content.
Communications Today has slowly become our go to destination to be updated on perspectives on IT and telecom industry because of the holistic picture it presents. As a marketing professional, working in a technology research company, it becomes imperative that I keep myself updated with news and views from different stakeholders and I particularly like CT’s rich content in this regard. A quick browse through the website daily helps me connect the dots between enterprises, tech vendors, govt regulations etc. thus helping me broaden my understanding of the field.
As a ICT Public Policy professional, I have been an avid reader of Communications Today since past 5 years. The magazine encapsulates trending and futuristic news, views and insights of the telecom world, which is a herculean task given the fact that this industry is evolving almost every day. The CT Team is doing a commendable job through its magazine regularly that also uniquely positions fresh and diverse perspectives on current issues. In many ways, CT’s role is very critical in updating relevant stakeholders such as policymakers, industry, civil society, young professionals, and academicians with ongoing debates and happenings of the telecom sector across India and the world.
The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep one abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency.
We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
Communications Today is the magazine which covers latest trends with their pros and cons based on views from experienced hands in the industry from where every organization can get the benefits as per their needs and also best-fitted solutions. The only thing required is to read all the case studies and other articles published in this magazine. This is the only magazine that takes the inputs directly from the end-users of the technology, who can tell of the benefits and things to be taken care of while implementing new technologies. So this magazine is a sort of virtual guide.