August 21, 2019
Headlines of the Day
August 20, 2019
- Reshuffle At India’s Telecom Infra Fund Places Spotlight On Northeast Connectivity
- NCLT Approves Merger Of Debt-Ridden Tata Teleservices With Bharti Airtel
- Cyber Expert Claims India’s 2014 General Election Was Rigged
- IESA Aims To Create Rs 1000 Crore Biz, 1 Million Jobs From Startups In 5 Years
- Apex Court Refuses To Stay TDSAT Order Rejecting TRAI Predatory Pricing Rule
- BSNL Applies For In Flight Connectivity Licence
- Has Reliance Jio Become The Largest Telecom Company In India Yet?
- Reliance Jio Users Data Consumption Falls
- Reliance Jio Set To Disrupt Telecom Tower Industry
- HC Quashes IT Department Move To Reassess Bharti Infra’s Past Income Beyond 4 Years
- Industry Opposes Karnataka’s Mobile Tower Policy
- RIL To Demerge Tower And Fibre Arms, Transfer ₹65,000 Crore of Jio’s Liabilities
- Voda Idea Seeks 2-Year Moratorium For Paying Rs 10,000 Cr Spectrum Charge
- RIL To Take On Amazon, Flipkart; Mukesh Ambani Bats For Data Localisation
- 5G Will Open Up Opportunities For Everyone In Digital Space: Telecom Secretary
- Reliance Jio Added Most Subscribers In November 2018, Followed By BSNL: TRAI
- Price War: Reliance Jio Will Not Raise Tariffs, Bharti Airtel, Vodafone Idea Revenues To Suffer
- As China Fights For Huawei, Should India Be Wary Of Its 5G Entry?
- Vodafone Idea Moves SC For Rs 4761 Crore Tax Refund
- BSNL Launches Bharat Fiber Broadband Service
- Telecom Stocks Under Pressure: Bharti Airtel, Vodafone Idea Fall Up To 7 Percent
- Mukesh Ambani Urges Modi To Take Steps Against Data Colonization By Global Corporations
- Weak Telco Financials Could Dent Bharti Infratel’s Plans; Stock Falls
- RIL Posts Record USD 1.5 Bn Profit; 10 Key Takeaways From Q3 Results
- We Cannot Risk Servicing RCom Past Dues, Says Jio
- Jio Subscriber Base Crosses 280 Million
- India Can Lead In 5G Deployment But Investments In Fibre Infrastructure Key: TRAI Chief
- Value Of Mobile Phone Component Production To Cross Rs 70,000 Crore In 2019 : ICEA
- BSNL To Launch 4G Services In Uttar Pradesh
- Vodafone Idea Employees; Salaries To Be Raised First Time After 2017
- Regulatory Challenges Internet Giants And Users Will Face In India
- Vodafone Idea Facing Tower Fees Claim
- India Telecom Operators Set To Report Another Bleak Quarter As Jio Onslaught Continues
- Bharti Infratel And Indus Towers Seeks Rs 4500 Crore From Voda Idea As Exit Penalty
- Xiaomi May Have A New Worry In India And It Is Called Realme
- Realme To Open Its Exclusive Retail Stores In India Before December
- Vivo To Invest Rs 4000 Crore In India, Aims To Manufacture 5 Crore Handsets Per Year
- Samsung Rushes Galaxy Note 10 Series To India Market
- Vivo To Launch Its Second Z-Series Smartphone In India Soon
- TeamViewer Pilot: Remote Support Via Augmented Reality For Everyone
- Google Removes 27 Android Apps That Made Users Download A Fake Play Store
- EU Approves 60 Million Euros Of State Aid For Austria’s Broadband Network
- Huawei Founder Sees Live Or Die Moment From U.S. Uncertainty
- Built For The 5G Future: T-Mobile Opens New Device Lab
Communications Today is an independent news platform covering the latest technological advancements, market trends and key business issues facing the industry today from a global as well as a daily news, in-depth analysis and expert commentary across a comprehensive range of hot topics, including Digital Transformation, 4G/5G, AI, IoT, NFV, SDN, Security, VR/AR and much more. The impartial investigation of the Indian and global telecoms industry is supplemented by regular in-depth features, executive interviews and opinion pieces. I have been following Communications Today for the last 10 years and found the platform to be extremely informative, insightful and it has always kept pace with the fast changing technology landscape by ensuring all what is published in its publication and what is reflected in the website is current and up to date. I am very confident that Communications Today will continue to set very high standards given its impeccable track record of delivering high-value and high-quality content to its users. Wishing the Communications Today team all the very best in the future and am hoping that they will scale new heights in the future!!
Communications Today immensely contributes to the rapidly evolving communications landscape and each issue highlights the latest advancements made across technology areas. The magazine analyses and illustrates leading-edge technologies across solution vendors and communication service providers that are driving change, while showcasing the latest products, technology solutions, case studies, and industry views. The magazine captures and features advanced trends & developments that are shaping up the telecommunications industry and delivers comprehensive coverage of up-to-date news and market intelligence. An excellent platform and a great resource for enterprise users and communication professionals Communications Today serve the ICT and telecommunications industry with high-quality thought leadership content.
Communications Today has slowly become our go to destination to be updated on perspectives on IT and telecom industry because of the holistic picture it presents. As a marketing professional, working in a technology research company, it becomes imperative that I keep myself updated with news and views from different stakeholders and I particularly like CT’s rich content in this regard. A quick browse through the website daily helps me connect the dots between enterprises, tech vendors, govt regulations etc. thus helping me broaden my understanding of the field.
As a ICT Public Policy professional, I have been an avid reader of Communications Today since past 5 years. The magazine encapsulates trending and futuristic news, views and insights of the telecom world, which is a herculean task given the fact that this industry is evolving almost every day. The CT Team is doing a commendable job through its magazine regularly that also uniquely positions fresh and diverse perspectives on current issues. In many ways, CT’s role is very critical in updating relevant stakeholders such as policymakers, industry, civil society, young professionals, and academicians with ongoing debates and happenings of the telecom sector across India and the world.
The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep one abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency.
We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
Communications Today is the magazine which covers latest trends with their pros and cons based on views from experienced hands in the industry from where every organization can get the benefits as per their needs and also best-fitted solutions. The only thing required is to read all the case studies and other articles published in this magazine. This is the only magazine that takes the inputs directly from the end-users of the technology, who can tell of the benefits and things to be taken care of while implementing new technologies. So this magazine is a sort of virtual guide.