February 18, 2019
Headlines of the Day
February 15, 2019
February 13, 2019
February 12, 2019
February 8, 2019
February 7, 2019
- TRAI releases Direction regarding maintenance of Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
- TRAI View On Spectrum Auction To Come Out This Week, Says Chief RS Sharma
- Wireless Subscriber Base Increases by 6 Mn in May 2018; Strong Growth in Wireless Broadband Subscribers Continues
- Idea Cellular Swings to Profit in June Quarter on Tower Sale Gain
- Airtel to Lead in 10 circles, Vodafone Idea in 12 circles
- Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal on Development Plans, CapEx and Technique
- Threw Aadhaar Challenge Not as TRAI Chief, but as Ordinary Citizen: RS Sharma
- Frame Charges Against former Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran: Supreme Court Directs Trial Court
- Anti-Profiteering Authority Seeks Inputs From Airtel, IndiGo On GST Benefits
- Idea Cellular Q1 Total Income at Rs 263 Cr
- Idea Cellular Springs A Surprise as Q1 Profit Rises on Telecom Tower Sale
- Srikrishna Panel Frowns at Current Consent-seeking Practices for Data Processing; Moots Sweeping Changes
- Experts Raise Concern Over Draft Data Protection Bill
- Does Data Protection Bill Need an Upgrade?
- JioPhone at Rs 594 with Free Data, Calls for 6 Months
- Reliance Jio Q1 Net Profit Rises 20% to Rs 6 Billion
- Mukesh Ambani’s Cash-rich Reliance Eyes $2.7 Bn in Fresh Forex Loans
- About 50% Smartphones Sold In 2018 Will Have Ai-Powered Assistant, Says Report
- How Facebook’s $124-billion Rout Could Rewrite History Books
- Idea Recharge of Rs 75 Launched, Offers 1GB Data and Free Calls
- TRAI’s privacy Recommendations are a Reminder that There is No Shortcut to a Comprehensive Law
- TRAI Chief Clears Air on Ongoing Tussle With Apple in Twitter Q&A
- TRAI Penalises Telcos With Rs 80 Cr In 3 Months For QoS Issues
- Reliance Jio Effect: Bharti Airtel Posts Rs 9.4-bn Loss in India Operations
- Vodafone, Idea Merger Beginning of Exciting Journey, says KM Birla
- Bharti Airtel India Reports Loss of Rs 940 Crore in First Quarter
- Final Approval for Vodafone-Idea Merger
- TRAI Finds Telecom Service Quality Across City ‘Acceptable’
- TRAI, Apple at Loggerheads on DND Application
- Vodafone Q1 Revenue Down 22%; To Complete Idea Merger by August
- TRAI for Allowing use of Telecom Data to Access Credit
- Vodafone’s Colao Signs off with Subdued Quarter
- Airtel’s Rs 299, Rs 229 and Rs 249 Plans Offer More Data, Call Options to Users
- Amid a Face-Off with Apple, TRAI Says Rules to Curb Pesky Calls are Unbiased
- Cognizant To Pay $25 Million To Settle India Bribery Charges
- Tech Mahindra Commits To 22% Reduction In Greenhouse Gas Emissions By 2030 And 50% By 2050
- Tata Teleservices (Maha) Dec Qtr Losses Narrow To Rs 409.42 Crore
- Samsung Says Expects USD 4 Billion In Indian Sales Of New Smartphone Range
- Oppo F11 Pro India Launch Teased
- Google Will Spend More Than $13 Billion To Expand Data Centers And Offices In US This Year
- Cisco CEO Sees Potential In Move To 400G
- Samsung Set To Earn From Huawei’s Troubled Network Gear Business
- Singtel’s Q3 Profit Falls 14% On Weak-Performing Associates
- Next-generation Armv8.1-M Architecture: Delivering Enhanced Machine Learning And Signal Processing For The Smallest Embedded Devices
Communications Today has slowly become our go to destination to be updated on perspectives on IT and telecom industry because of the holistic picture it presents. As a marketing professional, working in a technology research company, it becomes imperative that I keep myself updated with news and views from different stakeholders and I particularly like CT’s rich content in this regard. A quick browse through the website daily helps me connect the dots between enterprises, tech vendors, govt regulations etc. thus helping me broaden my understanding of the field.
As a ICT Public Policy professional, I have been an avid reader of Communications Today since past 5 years. The magazine encapsulates trending and futuristic news, views and insights of the telecom world, which is a herculean task given the fact that this industry is evolving almost every day. The CT Team is doing a commendable job through its magazine regularly that also uniquely positions fresh and diverse perspectives on current issues. In many ways, CT’s role is very critical in updating relevant stakeholders such as policymakers, industry, civil society, young professionals, and academicians with ongoing debates and happenings of the telecom sector across India and the world.
The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep one abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency.
We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
Communications Today is the magazine which covers latest trends with their pros and cons based on views from experienced hands in the industry from where every organization can get the benefits as per their needs and also best-fitted solutions. The only thing required is to read all the case studies and other articles published in this magazine. This is the only magazine that takes the inputs directly from the end-users of the technology, who can tell of the benefits and things to be taken care of while implementing new technologies. So this magazine is a sort of virtual guide.
The world of communications is going through a transformation. There are multiple factors that are invigorating this radical change – digital disruption, technological advancements, competitive consolidation, regulatory injunctions, innovation, and changing consumer behavior. The net result is that every player in the value chain has to cognitively change their market strategy, product/service proposition, or business model to sustain and stay relevant.
Communications Today is my go-to resource, whenever I am looking out for any latest trend in telecom technologies and regulation. Actually, it is working as a multi-sided platform for knowledge exchange, wherein we are invited to contribute our ideas, knowledge, and experience in a very author-friendly manner. Looking forward to the next issue as always.