August 16, 2018
Headlines of the Day
- TRAI Makes Recommends on Spectrum Pricing for Next Auction
- Lack of Comprehensive Mobile Tower Policy Hinders Ease of Doing Business and Digital India Mission in Gujarat: TAIPA
- TRAI Notifies Directions to Measure Quality of VoLTE Services
- RCom is one of India’s Most Traded Stocks in 2018! Average Trading Volume: 11 Crore Shares a Day
- Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Achieves Yet Another Feat after beating TCS
- Call Drop: TRAI Sets New Quality Norms for 4G Networks
- Idea’s Key Operating Metrics Remain Weak; Merger with Vodafone Soon
- Bharti Airtel says Enterprise Becoming Growth Engine
- BSNL Urges Telecom Department To Clear Dues For Connectivity In Left-Wing Extremism Areas
- Ahead of Merger with Vodafone, Idea Cellular Reports its Weakest Results
- TRAI chief’s Aadhaar Challenge Decoded: Why R S Sharma Gave Out his Aadhaar Number
- After TRAI Chairman RS Sharma Dares Hackers to ‘Harm Him’, Daughter Gets Threat Email
- TRAI releases Standards of Quality of Service of Basic Telephone Service (Wireline) and Cellular Mobile Telephone Service (Sixth Amendment) Regulations, 2018
- TRAI releases Direction regarding maintenance of Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
- TRAI View On Spectrum Auction To Come Out This Week, Says Chief RS Sharma
- Wireless Subscriber Base Increases by 6 Mn in May 2018; Strong Growth in Wireless Broadband Subscribers Continues
- Idea Cellular Swings to Profit in June Quarter on Tower Sale Gain
- Airtel to Lead in 10 circles, Vodafone Idea in 12 circles
- Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal on Development Plans, CapEx and Technique
- Threw Aadhaar Challenge Not as TRAI Chief, but as Ordinary Citizen: RS Sharma
- Frame Charges Against former Telecom Minister Dayanidhi Maran: Supreme Court Directs Trial Court
- Anti-Profiteering Authority Seeks Inputs From Airtel, IndiGo On GST Benefits
- Idea Cellular Q1 Total Income at Rs 263 Cr
- Idea Cellular Springs A Surprise as Q1 Profit Rises on Telecom Tower Sale
- Srikrishna Panel Frowns at Current Consent-seeking Practices for Data Processing; Moots Sweeping Changes
- Experts Raise Concern Over Draft Data Protection Bill
- Does Data Protection Bill Need an Upgrade?
- JioPhone at Rs 594 with Free Data, Calls for 6 Months
- Reliance Jio Q1 Net Profit Rises 20% to Rs 6 Billion
- Mukesh Ambani’s Cash-rich Reliance Eyes $2.7 Bn in Fresh Forex Loans
- About 50% Smartphones Sold In 2018 Will Have Ai-Powered Assistant, Says Report
- How Facebook’s $124-billion Rout Could Rewrite History Books
- Idea Recharge of Rs 75 Launched, Offers 1GB Data and Free Calls
- TRAI’s privacy Recommendations are a Reminder that There is No Shortcut to a Comprehensive Law
- Nokia’s Cloud-native Core Deployed By India’s Idea Cellular In Its Path To Digitalization
- Samsung Announces Exynos Modem 5100, Industry’s First 5G Modem
- Patanjali To Launch Kimbho Chat App On August 27
- Microsoft’s Cortana Mistake
- Sify and Cisco unveil ‘Software Defined WAN’ for Indian Enterprises
- Trump Signs $716 bn Defense Policy Bill with Watered-Down China Measures
- Is Recent Growth in Asia’s Fixed Broadband Sector Set to Slow?
- Huawei Likely to be Spared Australia 5G Ban
- BlackBerry again Recognized as a Leader in the 2018 IDC MarketScape EMM Report
- Emercoin Partners with Infopulse, a Large International Software R&D Company
- Strategy Analytics: Q1 2018 Smartphone Apps Processor Market Share: Chips with On-device Artificial Intelligence (AI) Grew Three Fold
- China Smartphone Units Drop by 6% YoY while Average Selling Prices Grow by 15% in 2Q18, IDC Reports
- Businesses Expect Industrial IoT to Boost their Revenues by $154 Mn Finds Inmarsat Study
- Impact of China-U.S.Trade War on Chinese Economy and ICT Market
- Strategy Analytics: Promising Future for IoT in Industrial Markets
- The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
- Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep one abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency.
- We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
- "With the technological advancements, telecom world is experiencing changes continually. Communications Today has been a witness to these betterments, from 2G to 4G and hybrid communications to unified communications. Communications Today has always offered me invaluable insights of the rapidly changing telecom landscape and a window to the nitty-gritties of the upcoming innovations. The perfectly structured articles focusing on the trends in telecom and IT industries have been a reliable source for understanding the current and future communication needs of the end-customers.
- Communications Today is the magazine which covers latest trends with their pros and cons based on views from experienced hands in the industry from where every organization can get the benefits as per their needs and also best-fitted solutions. The only thing required is to read all the case studies and other articles published in this magazine. This is the only magazine that takes the inputs directly from the end-users of the technology, who can tell of the benefits and things to be taken care of while implementing new technologies. So this magazine is a sort of virtual guide.
- The world of communications is going through a transformation. There are multiple factors that are invigorating this radical change – digital disruption, technological advancements, competitive consolidation, regulatory injunctions, innovation, and changing consumer behavior. The net result is that every player in the value chain has to cognitively change their market strategy, product/service proposition, or business model to sustain and stay relevant.
- Communications Today is my go-to resource, whenever I am looking out for any latest trend in telecom technologies and regulation. Actually, it is working as a multi-sided platform for knowledge exchange, wherein we are invited to contribute our ideas, knowledge, and experience in a very author-friendly manner. Looking forward to the next issue as always.
- Communications Today is a reputed publication, and it provides comprehensive coverage of the telecom and IT industry. The portal is quite informative with news and updates as well as articles and interviews from different industry leaders. This gives you valuable insights and helps you to keep abreast of the technological changes.