February 18, 2019
Headlines of the Day
February 15, 2019
February 13, 2019
February 12, 2019
February 8, 2019
February 7, 2019
- High Speed Wi-Fi Now Available At 51 Rail Stations
- SDMC To Identify, Start Sealing Nearly 2800 Illegal Cell Towers
- Duties On Key Mobile Handset Parts Removed From February 1
- Vodafone Idea Limited Financial Results – Quarter Ended 31 Dec 2018
- DoT To Seek TRAI View On Allocating Spectrum To Railways Without Auction
- Vodafone Idea Q3 Loss Widens To Rs 5004 Crore, Loses 35 Million Customers
- India Defers Plan To Tax Mobile Touch Panel Imports
- End Game: Ericsson Seeks Auction Of Anil Ambani’s Assets For Disobedience Of Supreme Court Orders
- BSNL And Ciena Join Forces To Prepare For 5G In India
- Govt Rejects TRAI’s Proposal Of Free Internet For Poor
- Telecom Companies Unlikely To Get Govt Relief On Spectrum Payments
- Ariane Rocket Puts Telecoms Satellites Into Orbit For India
- India Tops Fake News Menace Globally: Microsoft Survey
- Indian Communication Satellite GSAT-31 Launched Successfully
- Airtel Boosts 4G Network Coverage In Punjab With LTE 900 Technology
- TDSAT Cancels Rs 2000 Crore Demand On RCom
- RCom Goes To NCLT To Speed Up Jio Deal, Hopes Move Will Expedite DoT Nod
- Bharti Airtel May Raise USD 3 Billion From Asset Sale
- Telecom Panel To Take TRAI’s Views On Providing 700MHz Band Spectrum To Railways
- RJio vs. Airtel – India’s Changing Dynamics
- NITI Ayog Recommends Closure Of BSNL
- India Well-Tuned, Geared Up To Take Steps For Cybersecurity
- 65 Percent Of Country’s Mobile Phones Are Manufactured In Noida: UP Deputy CM Dinesh Sharma
- India’s Telecom Growth To Be Muted In 2019-20: Ind-Ra
- Digital Communications Commission To Discuss Charging Spectrum Fees On Usage Basis
- NCLAT Asks Govt To Submit List Of IL&FS Group Cos With Their Financial Categorization
- India’s 4G Downloads Getting Faster
- Bharti Airtel Falls To Near Eight-Week Low After Moody’s Downgrade; Vodafone Idea Down 1.5 Percent Ahead Of Q3 Results
- Vodafone Idea, Genus Power Infra Commence Narrowband IoT Trials
- National Highways At Loss As Telecom, Hospitals Gain From Road Fund
- Big Deals Come With Bigger Labor Costs For Indian IT Services Companies
- Why RCom’s NCLT Move Is Good News For Jio
- Telcos Seek GST Waiver On Payments To Govt, Rs 35,000 Crore Input Credit Adjustment
- Telecom Firms May Continue To Bleed As Missed Revenue Targets Leave No Room For Cut In Levies
Communications Today has slowly become our go to destination to be updated on perspectives on IT and telecom industry because of the holistic picture it presents. As a marketing professional, working in a technology research company, it becomes imperative that I keep myself updated with news and views from different stakeholders and I particularly like CT’s rich content in this regard. A quick browse through the website daily helps me connect the dots between enterprises, tech vendors, govt regulations etc. thus helping me broaden my understanding of the field.
As a ICT Public Policy professional, I have been an avid reader of Communications Today since past 5 years. The magazine encapsulates trending and futuristic news, views and insights of the telecom world, which is a herculean task given the fact that this industry is evolving almost every day. The CT Team is doing a commendable job through its magazine regularly that also uniquely positions fresh and diverse perspectives on current issues. In many ways, CT’s role is very critical in updating relevant stakeholders such as policymakers, industry, civil society, young professionals, and academicians with ongoing debates and happenings of the telecom sector across India and the world.
The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep one abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency.
We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
Communications Today is the magazine which covers latest trends with their pros and cons based on views from experienced hands in the industry from where every organization can get the benefits as per their needs and also best-fitted solutions. The only thing required is to read all the case studies and other articles published in this magazine. This is the only magazine that takes the inputs directly from the end-users of the technology, who can tell of the benefits and things to be taken care of while implementing new technologies. So this magazine is a sort of virtual guide.
The world of communications is going through a transformation. There are multiple factors that are invigorating this radical change – digital disruption, technological advancements, competitive consolidation, regulatory injunctions, innovation, and changing consumer behavior. The net result is that every player in the value chain has to cognitively change their market strategy, product/service proposition, or business model to sustain and stay relevant.
Communications Today is my go-to resource, whenever I am looking out for any latest trend in telecom technologies and regulation. Actually, it is working as a multi-sided platform for knowledge exchange, wherein we are invited to contribute our ideas, knowledge, and experience in a very author-friendly manner. Looking forward to the next issue as always.