December 17, 2018
Headlines of the Day
- December 11, 2018
- December 10, 2018
- Supreme Court Rejects CCI Appeal To Probe Bharti Airtel, Vodafone-Idea
- Vodafone Now Offering 100 Per Cent Cashback On Prepaid Recharge: How To Avail
- Reliance Jio Plea Rejected: Supreme Court Dismisses CCI Request To Probe Cartel Charges Against Telcos
- Telecom Outlook For Next Year Bleak: ICRA
- DoT Likely To Appoint Firms To Audit Revenues Of Pvt Telcos By Month-End
- Airtel Rolls Out Rs 23 Plan, Here’s What Users Will Get More
- Reliance Jio And Saavn Integrate To Launch JioSaavn App
- ICRA Maintains Negative Year End Outlook For Indian Telecom Industry
- This Is How Bharti Airtel Can Recharge Its Investors
- Ongoing Consolidation Threat To Tower Companies In India: Crisil
- Airtel Reworks Broadband Strategy To Take On Jio GigaFiber
- Why Telcos, Airlines Need To Increase Tariffs
- CCI, TRAI Must Check Predatory Pricing, Unhealthy Competition In Telecom: MTNL Chief
- RJio Bringing In ‘WhatsApp Phones’ To Draw Hordes Of Rural Customers
- RCom Arm Furnishes Rs 1,400 Crore Guarantee To DoT
- MTNL Chief Bats For Merger With BSNL
- TRAI Directs Airtel, Vodafone Idea Not To Disconnect SIMs If User Maintains Minimum Account Balance
- 7th Pay Commission: No Strike Today! Unhappy BSNL Employees Give Breather To Govt Over Their Pension, Wages Demands
- Airtel Preparing For A Bigger Enterprise Play; To Set Up 10 New Data Centers
- Cash-Strapped MTNL Going The Air India Way?
- BSNL Employee Unions Defer Strike
- Vodafone Idea: Spectrum Charges To Stress Balance Sheet
- Telecom Watchdog Accuses Voda Idea, Airtel Of Anti-Consumer Practices
- Explained: How Telecom Companies Will Gain Benefit By Moving Up-Market
- Jio May Soon Turn From Hunter To Farmer, Raise Tariffs When This Happens
- Govt Nudges Telcos, Airlines To Raise Rates, Shun Bitter Price Wars
- Registration Of Mobile Towers To Be Made Mandatory
- SC Asks DoT To Okay RCom’s Spectrum Trading Plan With RJio In A Week
- With Rs 1,400 Crore Guarantee, SC Clears Coast For RCom’s Asset Sale To Jio
- Vodafone-Idea AGM In December To Ratify Balesh Sharma’s Appointment As CEO
- CRISIL Downgrades Rating Of Vodafone Mobile Service’s NCDs Worth Rs 6K Cr
- IoT Startup Of Former Reliance Jio CIO ‘Gaia Smart Cities’ Raises Pre-Series A Funding
- Vodafone Idea Spins Off Fiber Assets
- Airtel, Vodafone Idea’s Minimum Monthly Recharge Plans Anti-Consumer, Accuses Group; Telcos Deny Charges
- Skipper Gets Rs 150 Cr Telecom Tower Order
- Lenovo Z5s With Triple Rear Cameras To Launch Today In China
- Xiaomi Redmi 7 Pro May Come With Up To 6Gb Of RAM
- Micromax Infinity N11 & Infinity 12 Launched, Price Starts At Rs 8,999
- IIT Bhubaneswar’s IoT Solution To Analyse LPG Consumption, Declared Winner Of Tata Communications And CII’s First Edition Of ‘Grand India IoT Innovation Challenge’
- Apple Hires Former Tesla Senior Designer
- Nokia Secures $284m Loan For 5G R&D
- Guess Who Makes 90% Of All Spam Calls In India? Telecom Firms
- T-Mobile, Sprint Get Approval From CFIUS, Team Telecom For Proposed Merger
- California Telecom Tower Standard; SCOTUS Considers Agency Deference; FCC Confirmation Vote; FCC Office Of Economics And Analytics – Vol. XV, Issue 51
- 8 Ofcom Allows Three To Merge Spectrum Ahead Of 5G Launch
- As a ICT Public Policy professional, I have been an avid reader of Communications Today since past 5 years. The magazine encapsulates trending and futuristic news, views and insights of the telecom world, which is a herculean task given the fact that this industry is evolving almost every day. The CT Team is doing a commendable job through its magazine regularly that also uniquely positions fresh and diverse perspectives on current issues. In many ways, CT’s role is very critical in updating relevant stakeholders such as policymakers, industry, civil society, young professionals, and academicians with ongoing debates and happenings of the telecom sector across India and the world.
- The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
- Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep one abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency.
- We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
- "With the technological advancements, telecom world is experiencing changes continually. Communications Today has been a witness to these betterments, from 2G to 4G and hybrid communications to unified communications. Communications Today has always offered me invaluable insights of the rapidly changing telecom landscape and a window to the nitty-gritties of the upcoming innovations. The perfectly structured articles focusing on the trends in telecom and IT industries have been a reliable source for understanding the current and future communication needs of the end-customers.
- Communications Today is the magazine which covers latest trends with their pros and cons based on views from experienced hands in the industry from where every organization can get the benefits as per their needs and also best-fitted solutions. The only thing required is to read all the case studies and other articles published in this magazine. This is the only magazine that takes the inputs directly from the end-users of the technology, who can tell of the benefits and things to be taken care of while implementing new technologies. So this magazine is a sort of virtual guide.
- The world of communications is going through a transformation. There are multiple factors that are invigorating this radical change – digital disruption, technological advancements, competitive consolidation, regulatory injunctions, innovation, and changing consumer behavior. The net result is that every player in the value chain has to cognitively change their market strategy, product/service proposition, or business model to sustain and stay relevant.
- Communications Today is my go-to resource, whenever I am looking out for any latest trend in telecom technologies and regulation. Actually, it is working as a multi-sided platform for knowledge exchange, wherein we are invited to contribute our ideas, knowledge, and experience in a very author-friendly manner. Looking forward to the next issue as always.