August 16, 2018
Headlines of the Day
- Reliance Jio Digital Pack Offers 2GB Additional Data Per Day: Here is How To Get It
- Will 5G Live Up To The Hype?
- Telecom Firm Raising Funds via Public Offering
- UIDAI Stresses Contact Number Cannot Steal Data, Rubbishes Rumour Mongering Against Aadhaar
- Bharti Airtel Gets Embroiled in an Alleged Case Of Power Theft
- Bharti Airtel Gains 2% on Partnership With Telecom Egypt
- ASSOCHAM asks Aruna Sundarajan, Chairperson, TC & Secretary, DoT
- Telecom Operators to Bid Cautiously in Spectrum Auction, say Analysts
- After TRAI Chief’s Fiasco, Ravi Shankar Prasad Springs to Aadhaar’s Defence
- Will Telecom Industry Continue to be the Goose that Lays the Golden Egg?
- TRAI Calls for Zero Telecom Equipment Imports by 2022
- Telcos Red-flag TRAI Norms on Pesky Calls, say Changes will Hurt Industry
- Jio, SBI Deepen Digital Partnership; Integrate SBI YONO app, MyJio Platform
- How Artificial Intelligence Can Help SMEs
- TRAI Chairman RS Sharma Defends Pesky Calls Rules, says has Mandate to Save Customers
- Airtel Shareholders Approve Merger with Tata Tele Maharashtra
- Telecom Gear Makers Applaud TRAI Recommendations to Boost Local Manufacturing of Equipment
- SC allows RCom to sell telecom assets worth Rs 181 billion to Reliance Jio
- PwC On Forthcoming Spectrum Auction
- What Next for Telecom Investors
- TRAI Contests ‘Muted Spectrum Demand’ view; says 5G, LTE will Drive Hunger for Radiowaves
- RJio GigaFiber Monthly Plans Leak Before Pre-Bookings Start: Details here
- JioPhone Tops in Indian Mobile Market in Q2; Gives Birth To ‘Fusion’ Phones
- BSNL Narrowed FY18 Loss To Rs 47.85 BN, Revenue Declines To Rs 278 BN: Govt
- Spectrum Auction: TRAI Cuts Reserve Price But Telcos Not Too Enthused
- April-June Strategy: Idea Move To Offer Non-Unlimited Plans Hits Arpu
- TRAI Suggests Rs 492 Crore per Mhz For 5G Spectrum
- TRAI Recommends Sale Of Airwaves Of Over Rs 5 TRN For 5G Auction
- No More Pink Slips. Telecom Cos Use Outplacement Firms To Help Employees Find Jobs Elsewhere
- Lower Price Of Airwaves, Don’t Delay Auction, Says TRAI
- Airtel To Take on Reliance Jio By Launching Narrowband IoT Network Soon
- JioGigaFiber Plans Surface Ahead Of Launch: Prices, Registration Details, Launch Date
- TRAI Releases Recommendations on Auction of Spectrum in 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2100 MHz, 2300 MHz, 2500 MHz, 3300-3400 MHz, and 3400-3600 MHz Bands
- TRAI Views on Spectrum Auction this Week: Chairman
- Nokia’s Cloud-native Core Deployed By India’s Idea Cellular In Its Path To Digitalization
- Samsung Announces Exynos Modem 5100, Industry’s First 5G Modem
- Patanjali To Launch Kimbho Chat App On August 27
- Microsoft’s Cortana Mistake
- Sify and Cisco unveil ‘Software Defined WAN’ for Indian Enterprises
- Trump Signs $716 bn Defense Policy Bill with Watered-Down China Measures
- Is Recent Growth in Asia’s Fixed Broadband Sector Set to Slow?
- Huawei Likely to be Spared Australia 5G Ban
- BlackBerry again Recognized as a Leader in the 2018 IDC MarketScape EMM Report
- Emercoin Partners with Infopulse, a Large International Software R&D Company
- Strategy Analytics: Q1 2018 Smartphone Apps Processor Market Share: Chips with On-device Artificial Intelligence (AI) Grew Three Fold
- China Smartphone Units Drop by 6% YoY while Average Selling Prices Grow by 15% in 2Q18, IDC Reports
- Businesses Expect Industrial IoT to Boost their Revenues by $154 Mn Finds Inmarsat Study
- Impact of China-U.S.Trade War on Chinese Economy and ICT Market
- Strategy Analytics: Promising Future for IoT in Industrial Markets
- The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
- Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep one abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency.
- We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
- "With the technological advancements, telecom world is experiencing changes continually. Communications Today has been a witness to these betterments, from 2G to 4G and hybrid communications to unified communications. Communications Today has always offered me invaluable insights of the rapidly changing telecom landscape and a window to the nitty-gritties of the upcoming innovations. The perfectly structured articles focusing on the trends in telecom and IT industries have been a reliable source for understanding the current and future communication needs of the end-customers.
- Communications Today is the magazine which covers latest trends with their pros and cons based on views from experienced hands in the industry from where every organization can get the benefits as per their needs and also best-fitted solutions. The only thing required is to read all the case studies and other articles published in this magazine. This is the only magazine that takes the inputs directly from the end-users of the technology, who can tell of the benefits and things to be taken care of while implementing new technologies. So this magazine is a sort of virtual guide.
- The world of communications is going through a transformation. There are multiple factors that are invigorating this radical change – digital disruption, technological advancements, competitive consolidation, regulatory injunctions, innovation, and changing consumer behavior. The net result is that every player in the value chain has to cognitively change their market strategy, product/service proposition, or business model to sustain and stay relevant.
- Communications Today is my go-to resource, whenever I am looking out for any latest trend in telecom technologies and regulation. Actually, it is working as a multi-sided platform for knowledge exchange, wherein we are invited to contribute our ideas, knowledge, and experience in a very author-friendly manner. Looking forward to the next issue as always.
- Communications Today is a reputed publication, and it provides comprehensive coverage of the telecom and IT industry. The portal is quite informative with news and updates as well as articles and interviews from different industry leaders. This gives you valuable insights and helps you to keep abreast of the technological changes.