January 22, 2020
Headlines of the Day
January 21, 2020
- ITI’s Rs 1600 Crore FPO To Open On Friday
- India To See 1.5 Lakh Openings For Data Scientists In 2020
- Airtel, Google Cloud Partner To Boost Collaboration, Digital Transformation
- DoT Seeks Rs 48,000 Cr From Oil India In Dues; Company To Challenge In TDSAT
- 5G Rollout: Restricting Huawei May Cost India USD 4.7 Billion By 2035
- Voda Idea Stares At A Tough Path Ahead; Airtel Set To Gain: Analysts
- The Final Call
- After SC Rejects AGR Plea, Telcos Brainstorm On Paying Up To 20 Percent Dues
- DoT Examining If January 23 Deadline For AGR Payment Applies To Other PSUs
- RBI Seeks Moratorium On AGR For Telcos To Safeguard Banks
- AGR Verdict Aftermath: MFs, PFs Brace For Storm Over Vodafone Idea Debt
- Vodafone Idea’s Troubles Over Spectrum Dues Casts Shadow On More MF Schemes
- COAI Seeks Bare Minimum Regulation From TRAI: Rajan Mathews
- SC: Agreement Clearly Defines Gross Revenue
- Allowing Huawei For 5G Trials Will Make India Vulnerable Again: NITI Aayog’s Saraswat
- Reliance Jio (Q3 FY2019-20) Financial And Operational Performance
- TRAI Extended Time For Receiving Comments On Tariff Issues Of Telecom Services
- Vodafone’s India Demise Would Cause Wave Of Pain
- Prepaid Mobile Services Restored In Jammu And Kashmir
- Franklin MF Marks Down To Zero Voda-Idea Paper Held By 6 Schemes
- Budget 2020 Expectations – A Tightrope For Fiscal Stimulus Via Tax Sops/Incentives?
- 2020 Tech Predictions: The Rise Of 5G, Entertainment In Cars & Increased Focus On Privacy
- Telecom AGR Dues: Curative Petitions Rarely Admitted, Say Analysts
- Rs. 4500 Crore Mutual Fund Money At Stake In Voda Idea
- Jio Widens Subscribers Base; Airtel, Vodafone Idea Way Behind In Nov 2019
- Protecting Data Essential For Economic Well-Being, National Security: Vijay Gokhale
- Govt. May Ease Due Repayment For Telcos, Evaluate Requests
- Bharti Airtel Shares Jump To 2-Yr High On Prospect Of Telecom Duopoly In India
- Supreme Court Dashes Telcos Hope
- Vodafone Idea Left On A Weaker Wicket After Supreme Court’s AGR Verdict
- The Firm That’s Sweeping Up Bankrupt Telcos
- Vodafone Idea Mulls Filing Curative Petition On AGR Issue
- Deposit Unclaimed Consumer Money To Telecom Education Fund: TRAI To Telcos
- Jio Becomes Largest Telecom Company In November 2019
- Tata Comm Makes No Provision For Rs 6,633 Cr AGR Dues As Matter Sub-Judice
- Netmagic Lines Up $7 Billion Globally, Bets Big On Indian Market
- New Low-Cost iPhone to Enter Mass Production in February
- Array Networks Eyes USD 1 Million Biz With Make In India Testing Product
- Manoj Kohli Becomes SoftBank India Head
- Netflix Ramps Up Global Subscribers, But Sees Slower Growth Ahead
- Vodafone Quits Facebook’s Libra Currency
- Huawei CFO’s Extradition Would Let US Criminalize Behavior In Canada
- Apple Dropped Plan For Encrypting Backups After FBI Complained
- InterDigital Launches New Phase Of Transparency Effort
Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep the reader abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics, such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies, as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency. My compliments to Communications Today for the very commendable work they do in coverage, and quality research and analysis that has benefitted the industry over the years. I wish the Communications Today team all success for the future!
There are not too many magazines in India that highlight the latest technology trends, particularly within the field of Information Communication Technology – “ICT”. Communications Today helps readers gain knowledge on developing technologies. Apart from technologies that help business, this magazine shares Government policy and guideline updates. Professional Audio Visual technologies are a key component in the ICT domain. I am happy that Communication Today highlights the science behind technologies that helps the ICT market’s growth in India. I am a regular reader and I wish the team of Communication Today all success in future.
Communications Today is an independent news platform covering the latest technological advancements, market trends and key business issues facing the industry today from a global as well as a daily news, in-depth analysis and expert commentary across a comprehensive range of hot topics, including Digital Transformation, 4G/5G, AI, IoT, NFV, SDN, Security, VR/AR and much more. The impartial investigation of the Indian and global telecoms industry is supplemented by regular in-depth features, executive interviews and opinion pieces. I have been following Communications Today for the last 10 years and found the platform to be extremely informative, insightful and it has always kept pace with the fast changing technology landscape by ensuring all what is published in its publication and what is reflected in the website is current and up to date. I am very confident that Communications Today will continue to set very high standards given its impeccable track record of delivering high-value and high-quality content to its users. Wishing the Communications Today team all the very best in the future and am hoping that they will scale new heights in the future!!
Communications Today has slowly become our go to destination to be updated on perspectives on IT and telecom industry because of the holistic picture it presents. As a marketing professional, working in a technology research company, it becomes imperative that I keep myself updated with news and views from different stakeholders and I particularly like CT’s rich content in this regard. A quick browse through the website daily helps me connect the dots between enterprises, tech vendors, govt regulations etc. thus helping me broaden my understanding of the field.
As a ICT Public Policy professional, I have been an avid reader of Communications Today since past 5 years. The magazine encapsulates trending and futuristic news, views and insights of the telecom world, which is a herculean task given the fact that this industry is evolving almost every day. The CT Team is doing a commendable job through its magazine regularly that also uniquely positions fresh and diverse perspectives on current issues. In many ways, CT’s role is very critical in updating relevant stakeholders such as policymakers, industry, civil society, young professionals, and academicians with ongoing debates and happenings of the telecom sector across India and the world.
The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
The world of communications is going through a transformation. There are multiple factors that are invigorating this radical change – digital disruption, technological advancements, competitive consolidation, regulatory injunctions, innovation, and changing consumer behavior. The net result is that every player in the value chain has to cognitively change their market strategy, product/service proposition, or business model to sustain and stay relevant.