August 17, 2018
Headlines of the Day
- Reliance Jio Infocomm and Reliance Communications announce signing of Agreement for Change in Spectrum Allotment in 800 MHz band across 22 Circles
- No Licensee has Yet Confirmed Vacation of 3,300-3,400 MHz Spectrum: Govt
- RCom will Furnish Rs 774 Crore Bank Guarantees, Sell Spectrum to Jio
- TRAI Chief RS Sharma Reappointed, will Serve till Sept 2020
- Department of Telecom Directed ISPs to Block more than 11,000 Websites Since Jan 2016
- Telecom Services for Select Tribal Areas after Operations
- Bharti Airtel Plans to List Africa Unit in One Year, Says Singtel
- TRAI Chief says no info was ‘Discovered’ about him on sharing his Aadhaar Number
- Industry Requires USD 100-Bn Investment to Meet 5G Targets
- DoT Issues Direction for Licence Amendment to Implement Net Neutrality
- India 3 Years Behind Asian Giants on 5G
- DoT is Turning into a Legal Minefield, Saddled with Staggering 2,800 Cases
- DoT’s Plan to Get Internet Service Providers to Block Social Media During Emergencies is impractical – Here is Why
- BSNL Launches Pocket-Friendly Prepaid Plan of Rs 27 Targeting Jio
- Tata Asked to Clear $1.3-Billion Government Dues to Close Deal with Airtel: Report
- 5G Coming to India by 2022 after Pit Stops in Korea and China
- Disclosure of Aadhaar Number Does Not Increase One’s Digital Vulnerability, says TRAI Chief
- TRAI Launches DND, MyCall Apps on UMANG Platform
- Reliance Jio, Micromax Consortium Bags Smartphones Deal in Chhattisgarh
- And What Happens After WhatsApp is Blocked?
- What Will Be The Fate Of TRAI Recommendations And The RBI Circular After The PDP Bill Is Enacted?
- COAI Says TRAI Plan to Block Apps Will Hit Travel, Banking
- TRAI To Seek Views On Shift To Internet Networks, To Phase Out Legacy Systems
- Tata Tele Maharashtra Loss Narrows to Rs 454 Cr in June Qtr
- 5G Spectrum Auctions- Limited Participation Expected, Despite Pricing Cut
- RCom, Ericsson Reach $80 Million Settlement
- Reliance Communications Looks To Seal Rs 25K-cr Asset Sale By Aug-end
- Net Neutrality: DoT To Seek Trai Views on Monitoring & Enforcement Body
- Government may block Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram in Specific Situations?
- RCom Expecting Rs 25,000 Crore Assets Sale by August End
- Telecom Q1 Review: Kotak Sees Challenge for Incumbents in Near-term; Prefers Bharti Airtel
- BSNL Readies Revenue-sharing Model for Telecom, Security Infra
- 5G Launch in India: Modi Government to Roll-out High-speed 5G Telecom Services by 2022
- Aircel-Maxis Case: Delhi Court Extends Interim Protection from Arrest to P Chidambaram, Son Karti
- Ciena Ranks #1 Globally In 2018 IHS Markit Optical Network Hardware Vendor Scorecard
- Nokia’s Cloud-native Core Deployed By India’s Idea Cellular In Its Path To Digitalization
- Samsung Announces Exynos Modem 5100, Industry’s First 5G Modem
- Patanjali To Launch Kimbho Chat App On August 27
- Microsoft’s Cortana Mistake
- Trump Signs $716 bn Defense Policy Bill with Watered-Down China Measures
- Is Recent Growth in Asia’s Fixed Broadband Sector Set to Slow?
- Huawei Likely to be Spared Australia 5G Ban
- BlackBerry again Recognized as a Leader in the 2018 IDC MarketScape EMM Report
- Emercoin Partners with Infopulse, a Large International Software R&D Company
- Strategy Analytics: Q1 2018 Smartphone Apps Processor Market Share: Chips with On-device Artificial Intelligence (AI) Grew Three Fold
- China Smartphone Units Drop by 6% YoY while Average Selling Prices Grow by 15% in 2Q18, IDC Reports
- Businesses Expect Industrial IoT to Boost their Revenues by $154 Mn Finds Inmarsat Study
- Impact of China-U.S.Trade War on Chinese Economy and ICT Market
- Strategy Analytics: Promising Future for IoT in Industrial Markets
- The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
- Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep one abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency.
- We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
- "With the technological advancements, telecom world is experiencing changes continually. Communications Today has been a witness to these betterments, from 2G to 4G and hybrid communications to unified communications. Communications Today has always offered me invaluable insights of the rapidly changing telecom landscape and a window to the nitty-gritties of the upcoming innovations. The perfectly structured articles focusing on the trends in telecom and IT industries have been a reliable source for understanding the current and future communication needs of the end-customers.
- Communications Today is the magazine which covers latest trends with their pros and cons based on views from experienced hands in the industry from where every organization can get the benefits as per their needs and also best-fitted solutions. The only thing required is to read all the case studies and other articles published in this magazine. This is the only magazine that takes the inputs directly from the end-users of the technology, who can tell of the benefits and things to be taken care of while implementing new technologies. So this magazine is a sort of virtual guide.
- The world of communications is going through a transformation. There are multiple factors that are invigorating this radical change – digital disruption, technological advancements, competitive consolidation, regulatory injunctions, innovation, and changing consumer behavior. The net result is that every player in the value chain has to cognitively change their market strategy, product/service proposition, or business model to sustain and stay relevant.
- Communications Today is my go-to resource, whenever I am looking out for any latest trend in telecom technologies and regulation. Actually, it is working as a multi-sided platform for knowledge exchange, wherein we are invited to contribute our ideas, knowledge, and experience in a very author-friendly manner. Looking forward to the next issue as always.
- Communications Today is a reputed publication, and it provides comprehensive coverage of the telecom and IT industry. The portal is quite informative with news and updates as well as articles and interviews from different industry leaders. This gives you valuable insights and helps you to keep abreast of the technological changes.