February 18, 2019
Headlines of the Day
February 15, 2019
February 13, 2019
February 12, 2019
February 8, 2019
February 7, 2019
- DoT Floats Cabinet Note On Voda Idea’s FDI Proposal
- Reliance Jio Sends Message ‘Missing You’ To Airtel, Vodafone
- Rcom vs Ericsson: CJI Dismisses Two Supreme Court Staff For Deliberate Omission
- Government Working With TRAI And TSPs To Deploy An Interoperable Wi-Fi Ecosystem
- Telcos Ask DoT To Defer Deadline To Test Gear Imports
- BSNL Refutes Reports Suggesting Its Shutdown, Says Revival Proposal In Process
- Telecom Department Floats Cabinet Note On Vodafone Idea’s FDI Proposal
- MTNL’s December Quarter Loss Widens To Rs 832.26 Crore
- Shortage Of Skilled IT Workforce Looms Over India: Nasscom
- Global Tech Firms Stare At 30-40 Percent Digital Tax Blow
- Airtel Boosts 4G Network Coverage With LTE 900 Technology In Mumbai
- How Can We Tax Footloose MNCs?
- India Second Only To UK In Seeking User Data In 2018
- Can BSNL Be Shut Down? Losses Mount And Operator Mulls Idea Of Reducing Workforce By 54,000
- SC Dismisses Two Staff Members For Trying To Protect Anil Ambani From Personal Appearance
- Reliance Investing In Rafale, Can Not Pay 550 Crores? Ericsson In Court
- Indian Government Seeks Access To Private WhatsApp Messages
- IT Staff Set For Double-Digit Increments
- Reliance Industries Opens Research Centre In Estonia To Study Digital Society
- Indian Telecom Turns Monopolistic, Proposed 5G Auctions Will Step Up Trend
- Govt Issues Show Cause Notices To Idea, And BSNL
- India Makes Its Maiden Entry Into 5G Standards, Pisses Off Big Telecoms
- Got Only Rs 790 Crore From Jio Deal So Far, Zero From Fibre Assets: RCom To SC
- Telecom Companies Can Not Force E-billing
- Anil Ambani Appears Before Supreme Court In Ericsson Plea Against Reliance Communications
- SC Reserves Order On Ericsson’s Contempt Plea Against RCom Chief Anil Ambani
- Jio Topped In 4G Availability, Airtel Was Fastest During July-Dec 2018
- Govt Tells BSNL To Look At Options, Including Closure
- BSNL May Cut 54,000 Workforce
- NCLAT Adjourns Anil Ambani’s RCom’s Insolvency Plea To 6 March
- Local Telecom Manufacturing Must For Data Security
- Anil Ambani Sweats It Out In SC, Asked To Appear Again Today
- India Keen To Partner Other Nations For Scalable, Affordable Communications Solutions: Suresh Prabhu
- Budget 2019: Industry, Activists Give Thumbs Down To Proposed Changes To IT Act
Communications Today has slowly become our go to destination to be updated on perspectives on IT and telecom industry because of the holistic picture it presents. As a marketing professional, working in a technology research company, it becomes imperative that I keep myself updated with news and views from different stakeholders and I particularly like CT’s rich content in this regard. A quick browse through the website daily helps me connect the dots between enterprises, tech vendors, govt regulations etc. thus helping me broaden my understanding of the field.
As a ICT Public Policy professional, I have been an avid reader of Communications Today since past 5 years. The magazine encapsulates trending and futuristic news, views and insights of the telecom world, which is a herculean task given the fact that this industry is evolving almost every day. The CT Team is doing a commendable job through its magazine regularly that also uniquely positions fresh and diverse perspectives on current issues. In many ways, CT’s role is very critical in updating relevant stakeholders such as policymakers, industry, civil society, young professionals, and academicians with ongoing debates and happenings of the telecom sector across India and the world.
The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep one abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency.
We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
Communications Today is the magazine which covers latest trends with their pros and cons based on views from experienced hands in the industry from where every organization can get the benefits as per their needs and also best-fitted solutions. The only thing required is to read all the case studies and other articles published in this magazine. This is the only magazine that takes the inputs directly from the end-users of the technology, who can tell of the benefits and things to be taken care of while implementing new technologies. So this magazine is a sort of virtual guide.
The world of communications is going through a transformation. There are multiple factors that are invigorating this radical change – digital disruption, technological advancements, competitive consolidation, regulatory injunctions, innovation, and changing consumer behavior. The net result is that every player in the value chain has to cognitively change their market strategy, product/service proposition, or business model to sustain and stay relevant.
Communications Today is my go-to resource, whenever I am looking out for any latest trend in telecom technologies and regulation. Actually, it is working as a multi-sided platform for knowledge exchange, wherein we are invited to contribute our ideas, knowledge, and experience in a very author-friendly manner. Looking forward to the next issue as always.