Connect with us

International Circuit

Orange completes merger in Romania

Orange announces the finalization of the merger between Orange Romania SA (ORO) and Orange Romania Communications SA (OROC) through the integration of OROC into ORO. This merger will give rise to a fully convergent telecommunications operator from June 1, 2024.

The company consolidated following the merger will allow Orange to pursue its objective: to become the leading provider of converged fixed-mobile services in the Romanian market in the segments residential and commercial. This operation will also stimulate investments and competition in the telecommunications sector in Romania, with undeniable benefits for all citizens.

Following the merger, the Orange group will hold 80% of the share capital and voting rights of the consolidated entity, while the Romanian Ministry of Research, Innovation and Digitalization will hold the remaining 20%.

Since the acquisition in 2021 by Orange Romania SA of 54% of the shares of the fixed services operator, Orange Romania Communications (previously Telekom Romania Communications) and Orange have carried out a series of important technical initiatives. These enabled the unification of contact channels to offer a harmonized experience to OROC customers and the launch of the first common commercial offer.

The merger will only result in minimal changes to the daily use of Orange services. The company will be able to achieve full operational integration by combining the customer databases and IT systems of both companies into a unified experience on the fastest network, for all customers.

CT Bureau

Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Copyright © 2024 Communications Today

error: Content is protected !!