The global network automation market size is anticipated to reach USD 15.60 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 22.9% over the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Network automation encompasses the process of automating the management, and configuration, testing, operations, and deployment of virtual and physical devices involved in a network. It utilizes software to automate the network and provides management and security to maximize network functionality and efficiency.
Key Industry Insights & Findings from the report:
- The market is expected to witness a CAGR of 22.9% over the forecast period owing to the rise in the adoption of connected devices which results in the growing adoption of network automation solutions and services globally. Also, the increasing adoption of advanced network infrastructure, growing emphasis on the usage of automated solutions, the emerging hybrid workplaces has increased the adoption of network automation services among end-users during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Based on component, the solution segment accounted for the largest revenue share of over 69% in 2021 as the network automation solutions are extensively used in several verticals such as retail & e-commerce, BFSI, travel and hospitality, and healthcare. The adoption of network automation solutions by CSPs will accelerate the adoption of automated applications and services.
- Based on deployment, the on-premises segment dominated the market in 2021 and is expected to witness a significant CAGR of 21.4% over the forecast period owing to the increased adoption of on-premises networking by large enterprises.
- Based on infrastructure, the virtual network infrastructure is expected to witness the highest CAGR of 24.1% in the forecasted period owing to numerous benefits such as flexibility, backup and recovery, scalability, load balancing, and low total cost of ownership, offered by virtual network infrastructure.
- Based on enterprise size, the large enterprises segment dominated in 2021 and is expected to witness a significant CAGR of 21.4% over the forecast period. Rising adoption of network automation, virtualization solutions, and services across large enterprises are expected to drive the segment’s growth.
- Based on industry vertical, the information technology (IT) segment dominated the overall market with a revenue share of more than 24% in 2021 and is expected to witness a CAGR of 23.1% during the forecast period. The growth is attributed to the early adoption of network automation solutions and services by IT and telecom service providers.
- North America dominated with the largest revenue share of more than 38% in 2021, owing to the rapid adoption of network automation solutions and services in the region. Furthermore, the rising demand for machine learning, big data, and deep learning algorithms enabling remote network equipment control is fueling the growth.
Network Automation Market Growth & Trends
It also enables prompt network operation units to integrate and configure application services and network infrastructure. Furthermore, the rising adoption of network automation-enabled services in several verticals, such as BFSI, IT, and Telecom, is contributing positively to the growth of the network automation industry. Network automation combines network function virtualization (NFV) and software-defined networking (SDN), enabling the configuration of networks to meet the organization’s requirements.
It also increases network uptime and stability. It also provides access to businesses and organizations to automate networks to meet specific requirements efficiently and cost-effectively, replacing command-line instructions for configuring network devices. Moreover, the utilization of advanced technological tools, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data, is propelling the growth of the market.
Network automation eliminates manual processes such as logging into switches, firewalls, routers, and load balancers to change configurations to manage the network. It also allows flexible and agile network operations that support business demands, reduce errors, improves efficiency, and lower operating expenses. Additionally, automation enables standardization of network processes management and allows operations units to reduce mean time to resolution and deliver services at scale.
An automated network platform enables ease in network testing, resource provision, and mapping, fueling network automation adoption. Network automation includes solutions such as network designing and planning, configuration compliance and verification, device testing, data analysis, security compliance, collection of network data, and deployment of physical & virtual devices and services. Moreover, the players in the market are launching advanced network automation solutions which use machine learning, big data, and other advanced technologies, which is expected to provide numerous growth opportunities for the market in the upcoming years.