The GSMA has successfully concluded the first edition of MWC Las Vegas, in partnership with CTIA, which once again showed that MWC is the place to do business. The North America edition of the MWC series hosted 8,200 attendees, doubling the number of participants from last year’s event in LA. Attendees from nearly 100 countries convened with more than 300 exhibiting companies, as well as over 300 conference and partner speakers.
“It is wonderful to bring MWC to the vibrant city of Las Vegas and to witness first-hand the excitement, energy, and enthusiasm among our community. During these past three days we have seen important conversations about technologies, innovations and policies, and the impact they have on business and society,” said John Hoffman, CEO GSMA Ltd. “On behalf of the GSMA, I would like to thank all our attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, and partners who came together to make MWC Las Vegas so productive and successful.”
We are delighted to share the dates for the next edition of MWC Las Vegas which will take place from 26 – 28 September 2023.
Startup innovation and much more
There was a strong focus on the local entrepreneurial startup community with the launch of the HUB, the startup and innovation zone, developed in partnership with StartUp Vegas. It featured 32 exhibiting startups including 16 in the Mobile World Capital Barcelona pavilion. Industry City, a must-see space at the event, showcased demos, networking and content zones from the fintech, manufacturing, smart mobility, and metaverse/web 3.0 sectors.
MWC Las Vegas 2022 by the numbers
- 8,200 people attended in person
- Representation from nearly 100 countries, 20% of overall attendees
- More than 60% of attendees were senior level
- Over 300 exhibiting companies
- Over 300 conference and partner programme speakers
- Nearly 40% of conference speakers were female
- 70 hours of event content
- Close to 2,300 viewers followed the keynote sessions online
- The HUB stage included 10 sessions over 2 days with 12 hours of programming with 38 speakers