Fortinet Enables Intent-Based Segmentation With New High-Performance FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls
Rajesh Maurya, Regional Vice President, India & SAARC, Fortinet.
“Segmentation is becoming as fundamental as patching vulnerable systems. Intent-based Segmentation aligns business goals with infrastructure changes and ultimately, dynamically separates infrastructure to protect users, data and systems. A fundamental element of Intent-based Segmentation is the high-performance NGFW. The new FortiGate 3400E and 3600E Series provide industry-leading threat protection and SSL inspection performance allowing customers to implement a holistic end-to-end architecture.”
Fortinet, a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, announced its new high-performance FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls (NGFWs), comprised of FortiGate 3600E, FortiGate 3400E, FortiGate 600E and FortiGate 400E Series, enabling organizations to implement Intent-based Segmentation into their security architecture.
- Intent-based Segmentation allows organizations to achieve granular access control, continuous trust assessment, end-to-end visibility and automated threat protection.
- In addition to delivering Intent-based Segmentation, FortiGate 3600E offers 30Gbps threat protection and 34Gbps SSL inspection performance. FortiGate 3400E offers 23Gbps threat protection and 30Gbps SSL inspection performance.
- FortiGate has a longstanding trajectory of earning NSS Labs Recommended ratings in the Next-Generation Firewalls group tests given its high SSL inspection performance with minimal performance degradation as one of the reasons.
The combination of business growth, workloads migrating to multiple clouds and increasing cyber attacks makes it difficult for organizations to maintain a robust security architecture that effectively implements consistent security policy across all network environments. Having flat networks with a single enforcement point further compounds this problem by making it easier for cybercriminals to get inside the network. Once inside, they become part of the trusted zone, allowing them to quickly spread threats laterally. It’s extremely hard to detect and contain these cybercriminals as they move deeper into the network, resulting in cascading risks and exfiltration of valuable data.
As existing security strategies are failing to keep pace with a complex security landscape, organizations are seeking adaptive and predictive protection that prevents the spread of threats throughout the network. With Intent-based Segmentation, organizations achieve adaptive security by intelligently segmenting IT assets in accordance with the business intent, like addressing compliance, by having multiple enforcement points. Adaptive protection is achieved by implementing granular access control based on varying trust levels and high-performance advanced security.
Fortinet is making it easier for organizations to adopt Intent-based Segmentation with the introduction of its new high-performance FortiGate NGFWs, which include FortiGate 3600E, FortiGate 3400E, FortiGate 600E and FortiGate 400E Series. As part of Fortinet’s Security Fabric, the new FortiGate NGFWs give organizations an integrated and consistent security policy across on-premise and cloud assets. Powered by customized Security Processor Units (SPUs), the new FortiGate NGFWs provide full visibility and advanced threat protection without the fear of performance degradation. Other benefits of FortiGate E-Series include:
- FortiGate 3600E Series deliver 30Gbps threat protection performance and 34Gbps SSL inspection performance. With high-density interfaces of 10G, 40G and 100G, it offers product consolidation and meets the needs of diverse deployments. Fortinet’s FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls offer one of the industry’s highest marked SSL inspection performance and threat protection throughput.
- The FortiGate 3400E Series provides 23Gbps threat protection performance and 30Gbps SSL inspection performance. Combined with high-density interfaces of 10G, 40G, 100G, the FortiGate 3400E Series meet the needs of a variety of deployments by offering input/output flexibility, reducing complexity to achieve operational efficiency.
- FortiGate 600E Series achieve 7Gbps threat protection and 8Gbps of SSL inspection performance with diverse 1G and 10G interfaces, allowing deployment flexibility.
- FortiGate 400E Series deliver 5Gbps threat protection and 4.8Gbps SSL inspection performance with high 1G port density to suit the needs of branch offices.
- The new FortiGate NGFWs, as part of Fortinet’s Security Fabric, leverage Fabric Connectors to seamlessly integrate with external security ecosystems, sharing threat intelligence quickly for automated remediation. Fabric Connectors provide open APIs, allowing the FortiGate NGFWs to integrate with third-party solutions and Fabric-Ready Partners. This gives users advanced high-performance security integration with industry-leading solutions, such as VMWare NSX and Cisco ACI.
“With over 60,000 students and staff in 100 locations, Halton District School Board has a vast network to protect as well as personal data to keep secure. We leverage Fortinet’s FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls not only to mitigate risks but also to gain greater end-to-end visibility into our security ecosystem. With Fortinet, we know we’re receiving the highest performing security products at the best price point in the industry.”
Fernando (Fern) Pinho, Information Technology Manager, Network & Corporate Operations at Halton District School Board
“As environments become more dynamic and complex, reducing an organization’s attack surface is a key initiative. Network segmentation plays a fundamental role in this strategy, but often customers need assistance with design and integration. ePlus partners with Fortinet to bring the FortiGate NGFW portfolio to our customers, supplementing with our advisory, assessment, and deployment expertise to speed their adoption while also providing advanced threat protection.”
Marc Cohen, Security Solutions Director at ePlus
“The increasing complexity of security has led organizations to seek real-time visibility and adaptive threat protection. Traditional security solutions aren’t agile enough to adequately secure organizations and effectively mitigate risk. As a result, more businesses are considering network segmentation to augment their security strategy, but don’t know where to start. With the extension of its FortiGate NGFW portfolio, Fortinet is making it easier for organizations to start segmenting their networks intelligently and with the business objectives at the forefront.”
Zeus Kerravala, Principal Analyst at ZK Research―CT Bureau
You must be logged in to post a comment Login