Telecom major Reliance Jio Infocomm last month launched its broadband service, JioGigaFiber and has been running its preview offer before the official rollout to test waters with a select customers.
Reliance Jio’s JioGigaFiber offers internet speeds up to 1 GB per second and is said to be the “largest greenfield fixed-line broadband rollout” in the world. It will be available in 1,000 cities in India, however, priority will be given to those cities where Jio has maximum subscriptions, the report said.
The GigaFiber preview offer which is available to select customers includes the following:
- Reliance Jio is offering a three month free subscription to its customers. However, the scheme includes few charges.
- The telecom operator will charge Rs 4,500 as refundable security deposit at the time of installation, which will be charged for the ONT device (GigaHub Home Gateway).
- The charges can be paid through debit or credit card, Jio Money or Paytm.
- Even if the operator is said to deliver 1 GBps internet speed, for the preview customers, it is offering internet up to 100Mbps for 90 days along with a monthly data quota of 100 GB. This includes access to Jio’s suite of applications.
- Customers who have consumed the 100 GB data quota within a month can get an additional 4 GB data top-up through Jio.com or MyJio App.
– CNBC Tv18