The Ministry of Communications has granted approval to 42 companies including 28 MSMEs under PLI Scheme for Telecom and Networking Products. Out of which 17 companies have applied for additional incentive of 1% under design-led manufacturing criteria. These 42 companies have committed investment of Rs. 4,115 crores. This is expected to generate additional sales of Rs. 2.45 lakh crores and create additional employment of more than 44,000 over the scheme period.
The telecom leading players Nokia, Samsung, Tejas, HFCL, ITI and VVDN are also part of this scheme.
Details. To create a robust domestic value chain, Union Budget of FY2022-23 announced design-led PLI Scheme for telecom and networking products. It provided additional incentive of 1% over and above the existing incentives for products that are designed and manufactured in India. Design-led PLI scheme was launched in June 2022 and applications were invited from Design-led manufacturers as well as others, for availing incentive under the PLI Scheme for five years commencing from 1st April 2022.
The existing companies under PLI scheme for telecom and networking products were allowed to add more products and apply under design led PLI scheme. They were also given the benefit of shifting their 5-year PLI Scheme period by one year. 22 companies availed this opportunity of shifting their first year which includes 13 companies who have applied as fresh applicants.
The enthusiastic response from domestic and global manufacturers to the concrete steps taken by Government of India to encourage manufacturing in telecom equipment indicates strong confidence in initiatives of the Government. India is poised to emerge as design and manufacturing hub for telecom and networking equipment.
List of Approved Applicants under the PLI Scheme for Telecom and Networking Products
- Alphion India Private Limited
- Candid Optronix Pvt Ltd
- Coral Telecom Limited
- Design and Manufacturing Vista Electronics Pvt. Ltd.
- Ehoome IOT Private Limited
- Elcom Innovations Private Limited
- Frog Cellsat Limited
- GDN Enterprises Private Limited
- GO IP Global Services Private Limited
- GX India Private Limited
- Huber + Suhner Electronics Private Limited
- Kaynes International Design & Manufacturing Pvt. Ltd.
- Lekha Wireless Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Matrix Comsec Private Limited
- Netlink ICT Pvt Ltd
- Netweb Technologies India Pvt. Ltd.
- Panache Digilife Limited
- Priyaraj Electronics Limited
- Samriddhi Automations Private Limited
- Sansap Technology Private Limited
- Sixth Energy Technologies Private Limited
- Skyquad Electronics and Appliances Private Limited
- Surbhi Satcom Private Limited
- Synegra EMS Limited
- Systrome Technologies Private Limited
- Tecniqua India Private Limited
- Tianyin Worldtech India Private Limited
- Vihaan Networks Limited
- Dixon Electro Appliances Private Limited
- HFCL Limited
- ITI Limited
- Neolync Tele Communications Private Limited
- Syrma SGS Technology Limited
- Tejas Networks Limited
- VVDN Technologies Private Limited
- Commscope India Private Limited
- Flextronics Technologies (India) Private Limited
- Jabil Circuit India Private Limited
- Nokia Solutions and Networks India Private Ltd
- Rising Stars Hi-Tech Private Limited
- Samsung India Electronics Pvt Ltd.
- Sanmina-Sci India Private Limited