Ciena will showcase optical networking, packet and software innovations at OFC 2019, taking place March 3-7 at the San Diego Convention Center in California. Through a series of demos and speaking sessions, Ciena will show how its industry-leading optical technology and software innovations help service providers achieve the Adaptive Network to better prepare for the next wave of connectivity requirements that are dominating the market.
Demonstrations (Booth #3850):
- WaveLogic 5 (WL5): Ciena will demonstrate WaveLogic 5, the latest generation of the company’s industry-leading coherent technology. The performance-optimized WL5 Extreme and footprint-optimized WL5 Nano coherent solutions are designed to solve network operators’ scale and growth challenges and support an increasing range of applications.
- 5171 Service Aggregation Platform/Switch: The 5171 switch is a continuation of Ciena’s 5000 family of packet networking platforms. The 5171 combines the density, openness and programmability of a leaf switch with the high capacity and small footprint benefits of Ciena’s WaveLogic 5 Nano-optics. A live traffic demonstration of the 5171 will be shown, highlighting the modularity, port flexibility, and density of the platform for controlled and uncontrolled environments.
- 6500 Packet Transport System (PTS) and 3926m Service Delivery Platform: Ciena will demonstrate seamless MPLS, a superior alternative for implementing end-to-end MPLS networks as a single network, using Ciena’s 3926m and 6500 PTS to enable simple and fast service deployment from edge to core.
- 6500 Reconfigurable Line System (RLS): With its open and programmable architecture and its simple to deploy the operational model, the 6500 RLS enables network operators to quickly react to unpredictable traffic requirements while providing improved visibility into the photonic layer to streamline operations. A live demonstration of the compact, modular 6500 RLS platform will be shown, highlighting the simplicity and scalability needed for high capacity data center interconnect (DCI) applications.
- Blue Planet Intelligent Automation: Ciena will show how network operators can use Blue Planet Route Optimization and Assurance (ROA) with Multi-Domain Service Orchestrator (MDSO)software to provision multi-layer IP and optical services in seconds, and scale as needed. In addition, the ability to analyze telemetry data using Blue Planet advanced network analytics, and receive actionable insights for network optimization will be showcased, leveraging the cloud-based Ciena Insights Service.
- Sunday, March 3 at 1:00 p.m. PT – Mike Frankel, Senior Director, Network Services and Technologies, will speak on optical switching for link bandwidth adaptation in future data center networks.
- Monday, March 4 at 3:30 p.m. PT – Eric Maniloff, Systems Architect, will participate in a discussion on 400G, going beyond coherent evolution to high-capacity inter-datacenter links.
- Tuesday, March 5 at 2:30 p.m. PT – Kim Roberts, Vice President, WaveLogic Science and recipient of the John Tyndall Award, will present “High Capacity, Long Distance Optical Transport,” covering challenges and business realities.
- Thursday, March 7 at 9:00 a.m. PT – Marc Lyonnais, Senior Advisor, External Research, will discuss state-of-the-art best practices for optical network self-monitoring and optimization. ―CT Bureau