AT&T Inc. reported first-quarter results that showed continued success in customer growth across wireless and fiber.
“Our momentum in growing customer relationships is reaching historical levels,” said John Stankey, AT&T CEO. “We had our best first quarter for postpaid phone net adds in more than a decade and our fiber broadband net adds remain consistently strong. Our results, including free cash flow, are in line with our expectations toward delivering on the full-year guidance provided at our recent Analyst Day.”
“AT&T has entered a new era, meeting this opportunistic moment from a position of flexibility and strength thanks to our evolving networks, enhanced customer experience, growing 5G and fiber customer base and a much stronger balance sheet. And we continue to make good consistent progress on our journey to becoming America’s best broadband provider.”
- 691,000 postpaid phone net adds
- 965,000 postpaid net adds
- 113,000 prepaid phone net adds © 2022 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T and the Globe logo are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property.
- Postpaid phone churn of 0.79%
- Revenues up 5.5%; service revenues up 4.8%; equipment revenues up 7.3% year over year
- Operating income of $5.9 billion, down 3.2% year over year; EBITDA4down 1.8%
- Operating income margin of 29.2%; EBITDA service margin5 53.7%
- Operating income margin of 15.2%; EBITDA margin4 in the high-30% range
- 289,000 AT&T Fiber net adds; penetration of 37%, up about 200-basis points
- Broadband revenues up 6.8%, due to fiber revenue growth of 24.7%
- Broadband ARPU growth of 5.9%
- Total global HBO Max and HBO subscribers6 of 76.8 million, up
12.8 million year over year; domestic subscribers7 of 48.6 million, up 4.4 million year over year