August 17, 2018
Headlines of the Day
- Unlocking Digital For Bharat USD 50 Billion Opportunity
- Is Bharti Airtel Short-Changing Its Minority Shareholders?
- What Is Still Holding Back India’s Long Promised Digital Revolution?
- Telecom Department May Allot, Not Auction E&V Bands
- Airtel Payments Bank, Bharti AXA Life Join Hands For Govt Insurance Scheme PMJJBY
- Airtel Announces Measures For Customers In Flood-hit Kerala
- Voda, Idea Pip Bharti In Race For New Subscriber Additions In April
- Vodafone And Idea Double Incentives For Retailers To Compete With Jio And Airtel
- BSNL Launches Promotional Broadband Plan at Rs 995, Offers 200GB Data at 20 Mbps Speed
- What Falling Rupee Means For Telecom Companies’ 4G Plans
- Tower Companies Look To New Public Infra Projects For Revenue Growth
- Telecom Department To Officers: Attend Seminar On Gender Gap
- Mumbai Crime: Four Illegal Telephone Exchanges Busted In Thane; 4 Arrested
- Telecom Commission To Discuss TRAI’s Proposal For Spectrum Allocation On August 31
- Data Protection Bill: Whom Does It Really Protect?
- Mobile Connectivity: BSNL Plan For Uncovered Areas Promises Savings Of Rs 6,000 Cr
- MTNL Q1 Losses Mount to Rs 9.43 Bn, Expenses Increase To Rs 15.5 Bn
- Jio Starts Registration For Optical Fibre Based Broadband Service GigaFibre
- India Post Payments Bank Set to Launch on August 21: Everything You Need to Know
- After TRAI Chief’s Fiasco, UIDAI is Planning to List Dos and Don’ts of Sharing Aadhaar Details
- Telcos to Approach TRAI for Fresh Consultation on Interconnect Charges
- Department of Telecom Examines 5G Pricing Model
- MIT Researchers Develop Clothing which Can Communicate: Soft Hardware
- Airtel offers Samsung Galaxy Note 9 at Rs 7900
- Profit of Airtel, Idea, Vodafone halves in 3 Years, Margins Dip 1,000 Bps
- Reliance Jio Remains Top Vendor of Feature Phones in India in Q2 2018: IDC
- RCom Reinstates Rs 7.74 Bn Bank Guarantees with DoT; Asset Sale on Track
- JioGigaFiber and Jio Phone 2 Registration Starts 15 August: How to Register, Data Plans, and Features
- AI is Still in its Nascent Stages of Growth
- Government May Defer 4G, 5G Spectrum Auctions to 2019
- Reliance Communications Gets A Breather, Tribunal Sets Next Hearing Over DoT Notice for September 10
- Telcos Ready To Deploy Public Wi-Fi if 5G Spectrum Is Awarded For Free, Telecom News
- Idea MD Himanshu Kapania May be First Vice-Chairman of Grasim
- Telcos Seek Regulatory Stability, Urge TRAI To Outline Priorities For 2 Yrs
- Ciena Ranks #1 Globally In 2018 IHS Markit Optical Network Hardware Vendor Scorecard
- Nokia’s Cloud-native Core Deployed By India’s Idea Cellular In Its Path To Digitalization
- Samsung Announces Exynos Modem 5100, Industry’s First 5G Modem
- Patanjali To Launch Kimbho Chat App On August 27
- Microsoft’s Cortana Mistake
- Trump Signs $716 bn Defense Policy Bill with Watered-Down China Measures
- Is Recent Growth in Asia’s Fixed Broadband Sector Set to Slow?
- Huawei Likely to be Spared Australia 5G Ban
- BlackBerry again Recognized as a Leader in the 2018 IDC MarketScape EMM Report
- Emercoin Partners with Infopulse, a Large International Software R&D Company
- Strategy Analytics: Q1 2018 Smartphone Apps Processor Market Share: Chips with On-device Artificial Intelligence (AI) Grew Three Fold
- China Smartphone Units Drop by 6% YoY while Average Selling Prices Grow by 15% in 2Q18, IDC Reports
- Businesses Expect Industrial IoT to Boost their Revenues by $154 Mn Finds Inmarsat Study
- Impact of China-U.S.Trade War on Chinese Economy and ICT Market
- Strategy Analytics: Promising Future for IoT in Industrial Markets
- The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
- Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep one abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency.
- We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
- "With the technological advancements, telecom world is experiencing changes continually. Communications Today has been a witness to these betterments, from 2G to 4G and hybrid communications to unified communications. Communications Today has always offered me invaluable insights of the rapidly changing telecom landscape and a window to the nitty-gritties of the upcoming innovations. The perfectly structured articles focusing on the trends in telecom and IT industries have been a reliable source for understanding the current and future communication needs of the end-customers.
- Communications Today is the magazine which covers latest trends with their pros and cons based on views from experienced hands in the industry from where every organization can get the benefits as per their needs and also best-fitted solutions. The only thing required is to read all the case studies and other articles published in this magazine. This is the only magazine that takes the inputs directly from the end-users of the technology, who can tell of the benefits and things to be taken care of while implementing new technologies. So this magazine is a sort of virtual guide.
- The world of communications is going through a transformation. There are multiple factors that are invigorating this radical change – digital disruption, technological advancements, competitive consolidation, regulatory injunctions, innovation, and changing consumer behavior. The net result is that every player in the value chain has to cognitively change their market strategy, product/service proposition, or business model to sustain and stay relevant.
- Communications Today is my go-to resource, whenever I am looking out for any latest trend in telecom technologies and regulation. Actually, it is working as a multi-sided platform for knowledge exchange, wherein we are invited to contribute our ideas, knowledge, and experience in a very author-friendly manner. Looking forward to the next issue as always.
- Communications Today is a reputed publication, and it provides comprehensive coverage of the telecom and IT industry. The portal is quite informative with news and updates as well as articles and interviews from different industry leaders. This gives you valuable insights and helps you to keep abreast of the technological changes.