This 5G device market report provides an analysis of the 5G device ecosystem, emerging business models, value chain partner analysis, 5G mobility and 5G CPE devices, opportunities by sector (consumer, enterprise, industrial, and government) and anticipated application areas. The report also evaluates the competitive landscape including products and services of key device manufacturers, equipment producers, and service providers.
The report provides forecasts by 5G device form factors, sectors (consumer, enterprise, industrial, and government), CPE and mobility (non-CPE) devices from 2022 to 2027. The report also provides 5G device market sizing for unit shipments. The report takes into consideration the three major 5G use case categories: eMBB, URLLC, and mMTC as well as fixed wireless access solutions.
- The 5G CPE device market alone will reach USD$177 billion by 2028
- The total number of 5G devices shipped will reach 1.8 billion by 2028
- North America and the Asia Pacific region will lead the 5G device market
- The combined 5G device market is poised to reach USD $382 billion by 2028
- The industrial device segment and handheld device segments will grow at the highest CAGR
- Integration of 5G technologies with IoT systems will be a key 5G device market driver
The publisher predicts that the combined economic impact of 5G will be more than USD $1.4 trillion by 2030. The top impacted countries will be the United States, China, Japan, Germany, and the UK. The US alone will be $525 billion with China representing the second most impacted country at $220 billion. Japan, Germany, and the UK will share USD $76 billion, USD $65 billion, and US $54 billion respectively. Much of this impact will be directly or indirectly related to the success of the 5G device market.
5G will support many different form factors including handhelds, hotspots, indoor and outdoor customer premises, IoT modules, USM terminals, dongles and adapters, home appliances, and others. This 5G device market report is broadly segmented by 5G mobility (non-CPE) and 5G CPE devices. It is also segmented by frequency range including low-band, mid-band, and millimeter wave frequencies. In addition, the report is segmented by major market segments including consumer, enterprise, industrial and government.