With 1&1 5G at home, a replacement for conventional DSL, fiber optic or cable Internet connections is now available in the first regions. The so-called Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) is up to 500 Mbit/s fast and has WLAN and home networking.
Based on modern 5G technology, customers with 1&1 5G surf at home wirelessly via the 1&1 mobile network instead of via fixed lines. This is made possible by special WLAN routers with 5G radio modules.
The new tariffs at a glance
- 1&1 5G at home 50 with 50 GB data volume per month for 19.99 euros per month
- 1&1 5G at home 100 with 100 GB data volume per month for EUR 29.99 per month
- 1&1 5G at home 250 with 250 GB data volume per month for EUR 39.99 per month
All tariffs offer up to 500 Mbit/s in download and up to 40 Mbit/s in upload. After the included high-speed data volume has been used up, an unlimited data volume with bandwidths of up to 384 kbit/s is available until the end of the month.
New 1&1 routers for 5G
1&1 5G at home is not designed for mobile use, but is available at the customer’s place of residence. For optimal home networking, customers can choose between two WLAN routers:
- 1&1 HomeServer 5G with integrated 5G antenna including 100 GB of cloud storage for EUR 6.99 per month
- 1&1 HomeServer+ with 5G external antenna including 150 GB of cloud storage for EUR 9.99 per month: The external antenna is very compact and is glued to the outside surface of a window. A thin ribbon cable connects the antenna to the 1&1 HomeServer+. The window can remain closed.
1&1 WLAN routers are delivered overnight the day after the order is placed, and the 1&1 mobile network is immediately available for surfing. There is a one-time provision price of 39.95 euros.
1&1 is building the most modern 5G mobile network in Europe, based on the innovative OpenRAN technology. The first antennas were put into operation today in Frankfurt and Karlsruhe. The network will be gradually expanded and 1&1 5G at home will be available in other regions in the next few weeks.