January 18, 2019
Headlines of the Day
January 16, 2019
January 2, 2019
December 31, 2018
December 31, 2018
December 26, 2018
December 20, 2018
- Telecom Stocks Under Pressure: Bharti Airtel, Vodafone Idea Fall Up To 7 Percent
- Mukesh Ambani Urges Modi To Take Steps Against Data Colonization By Global Corporations
- Weak Telco Financials Could Dent Bharti Infratel’s Plans; Stock Falls
- RIL Posts Record USD 1.5 Bn Profit; 10 Key Takeaways From Q3 Results
- Weak Telco Financials Could Dent Bharti Infratel’s Plans
- We Cannot Risk Servicing RCom Past Dues, Says Jio
- Jio Subscriber Base Crosses 280 Million
- India Can Lead In 5G Deployment But Investments In Fibre Infrastructure Key: TRAI Chief
- Value Of Mobile Phone Component Production To Cross Rs 70,000 Crore In 2019 : ICEA
- BSNL To Launch 4G Services In Uttar Pradesh
- Vodafone Idea Employees; Salaries To Be Raised First Time After 2017
- Regulatory Challenges Internet Giants And Users Will Face In India
- Vodafone Idea Facing Tower Fees Claim
- India Telecom Operators Set To Report Another Bleak Quarter As Jio Onslaught Continues
- Bharti Infratel And Indus Towers Seeks Rs 4500 Crore From Voda Idea As Exit Penalty
- Reliance Jio Had Best 4G Download Speed In December 2018,Says TRAI
- India Saw World Lax Cyber Security Protocols
- India Should Strengthen Cyber Warfare Capabilities: Narayanan
- Allegations Around Allocation Of Microwave Spectrum Baseless, Says Sinha
- BSNL Forays Into 4G Internet Services In Himachal
- Jio GigaFiber Maintains Lead At Increased Speed
- Reliance Q3 Earnings; All Eyes On Telecom And Retail Revenues
- TRAI Releases 4G Speed Of Telecom Companies
- Jio Propels RIL Boss In List Of Top 100 Global Thinkers
- India Set To Lead Digital Transformation Race: Microsoft India President
- DoT Assures To Strengthen Gajapati Telecom Network
- India Has A Huge Opportunity To Leverage Rooftop Solar: Ted Surette, KPMG
- Telcos May Have To Spend Rs 1.25 Trn On Court Cases, Stare At Huge Loss
- IAMAI Welcomes Press Note 2 But Seeks Time For Implementation
- BSNL Taps UTStarcom For Wi-Fi Projects In India
- India Opens Control Centre For Monitoring Govt Data Infrastructure
- Airtel Becomes First Operator To Launch 4G In Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Reliance Jio Sees Rural Subscriber Base Rise To 32 Percent In 2 Years
- Bharti Airtel In Talks To Acquire Smaller Rival Telkom Kenya
- OnePlus Assured Upgrade Program For OnePlus 6T Launched In India
- Samsung, LG Top Deck To Take Online Brands, Rivals
- Cloud Revenue Is Now 50 Percent Of Microsoft India Revenue
- Avaya Appoints Sanjay Pai As Regional Sales Leader Of India
- Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei Nova 3 Now Receiving Android Pie-Based EMUI 9.0 Update In India
Communications Today has slowly become our go to destination to be updated on perspectives on IT and telecom industry because of the holistic picture it presents. As a marketing professional, working in a technology research company, it becomes imperative that I keep myself updated with news and views from different stakeholders and I particularly like CT’s rich content in this regard. A quick browse through the website daily helps me connect the dots between enterprises, tech vendors, govt regulations etc. thus helping me broaden my understanding of the field.
As a ICT Public Policy professional, I have been an avid reader of Communications Today since past 5 years. The magazine encapsulates trending and futuristic news, views and insights of the telecom world, which is a herculean task given the fact that this industry is evolving almost every day. The CT Team is doing a commendable job through its magazine regularly that also uniquely positions fresh and diverse perspectives on current issues. In many ways, CT’s role is very critical in updating relevant stakeholders such as policymakers, industry, civil society, young professionals, and academicians with ongoing debates and happenings of the telecom sector across India and the world.
The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep one abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency.
We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
Communications Today is the magazine which covers latest trends with their pros and cons based on views from experienced hands in the industry from where every organization can get the benefits as per their needs and also best-fitted solutions. The only thing required is to read all the case studies and other articles published in this magazine. This is the only magazine that takes the inputs directly from the end-users of the technology, who can tell of the benefits and things to be taken care of while implementing new technologies. So this magazine is a sort of virtual guide.
The world of communications is going through a transformation. There are multiple factors that are invigorating this radical change – digital disruption, technological advancements, competitive consolidation, regulatory injunctions, innovation, and changing consumer behavior. The net result is that every player in the value chain has to cognitively change their market strategy, product/service proposition, or business model to sustain and stay relevant.
Communications Today is my go-to resource, whenever I am looking out for any latest trend in telecom technologies and regulation. Actually, it is working as a multi-sided platform for knowledge exchange, wherein we are invited to contribute our ideas, knowledge, and experience in a very author-friendly manner. Looking forward to the next issue as always.