June 21, 2018
Headlines of the Day
June 20, 2018
June 19, 2018
June 19, 2018
- Idea-Vodafone Merger: Deal Likely to Get Delayed as DoT Readies Fresh Rs 4,700 Crore Demand
- 5 Smartphones with Face Unlock Technology Under Rs 10,000
- WhatsApp Payments Update
- COAI Favors 5G Auctions only Around Second Half of 2019
- Cyber Regulations, Data Protection Need to be Top Policy Priority for Govts: Experts
- COAI Flags Concerns on TRAI’s Draft Pesky Call Norms; Seeks Cost-benefit Math
- S Balasubramanian to Take Over as Bharti Infratel CFO on Aug 10
- BSNL May Become First Telco to Start Internet Telephony in India
- Telcos Will Soon Allow Wi-Fi Calling with Latest Amendment from DoT
- Make Phone Calls Through Wi-Fi Networks in Absence of Cellular Signals
- Unilever’s Paul Polman takes over as ICC Chairman from Airtel’s Sunil Mittal
- Sistema Exits RCom; Sells its 10 Percent Stake
- Airtel to Train Staff to Tackle Sensitive Complaints
- TRAI Announces Name, Logo Design Contest for Public Wi-Fi Networks
- Did Airtel Bow Down to Discriminatory Request?
- BSNL Seeks Legal View to Recover Rs 42 Crore from Aircel
- Voda-Idea Merger: DoT Receives Legal View on Raising Demand for Dues
- Telecom Operators can Provide Internet Telephony Services
- How AI will Make Marketing More Creative and Effective
- WhatsApp Latest Updates and New Features
- Investors Shift Focus to Mobile Payments, Last Mile Payment Firms
- Idea Completes VoLTE Roll Out Across 20 4G Circles
- DoT Seeks Legal Opinion on Voda-Idea Merger Over Former’s Spectrum Holding
- Merger-bound Idea Cellular Completes VoLTE Expansion
- RCom Arm Announces Completion of India Data Centre for Eagle Cable Network
- Mobile Number Portability: Operators say No to Refunding Balance
- Facing Slowdown, India’s Power Grid Manager Eyes Telecom, Consultancy
- Amazon’s Cloud Arm Helping India Get Ready to Lead Next Tech Revolution
- Cloud Computing: Google Cloud Finds New Takers in India
- Apple to Fix Flawed Keyboard on its Redesigned MacBook Pro for Free
- Infosys Stable, on the Verge of Something Momentous: Nilekani at 37th AGM
- Wipro Hikes Pay of Top Staff: Neemuchwala’s Salary Up 34.5% to Rs 182 Mn
- Joint Anritsu and ETS-Lindgren Japan Measurement Solution Exhibited at Wireless Technology Park 2018
- Delta’s Cutting-Edge UPS Systems Supports 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
- Trump Meets with Lawmakers about ZTE Deal Opposed in Senate
- BT Fined £77,000 over Spam Emails
- ZTE Nubia Z18 Could very well be Ditching the Notch
The world was never so chaotic and disruptive; technology is evolving with blazing speed and lifecycle of the technology/products is shortening with every new technology. The regulatory enablement is also changing fast to enable operators and so is the IT/application ecosystem. Networking technologies too are under huge pressure as bandwidth demands are increasing logarithmically; however, per Mbps cost has gone down drastically.
Communications Today is a well put-together industry journal, which is informative and educative, providing a good perspective of the latest innovations in the ICT/telecom industry. The magazine provides up-to-date and relevant articles, which keep one abreast of local and global developments. The magazine’s coverage on contemporary developments helps provide credible insights for understanding emerging technologies, policies, and innovations with regard to topics such as 5G, digital convergence, and smart technologies as well as much talked about non-mainstream issues like crypto-currency.
We are on the cusp of the fourth industrial revolution that will alter the way we live, work, and relate to one another. IT and telecom technology are going to be the drivers of the fourth industrial revolution. Both technologies are going to contribute immensely for the inclusive economic growth of society. Communications Today keeps the readers updated about latest happenings in the telecom sector and provides deep analytical insights into the regulatory environment and technology trends in the telecom sector in India.
"With the technological advancements, telecom world is experiencing changes continually. Communications Today has been a witness to these betterments, from 2G to 4G and hybrid communications to unified communications. Communications Today has always offered me invaluable insights of the rapidly changing telecom landscape and a window to the nitty-gritties of the upcoming innovations. The perfectly structured articles focusing on the trends in telecom and IT industries have been a reliable source for understanding the current and future communication needs of the end-customers.
Communications Today is the magazine which covers latest trends with their pros and cons based on views from experienced hands in the industry from where every organization can get the benefits as per their needs and also best-fitted solutions. The only thing required is to read all the case studies and other articles published in this magazine. This is the only magazine that takes the inputs directly from the end-users of the technology, who can tell of the benefits and things to be taken care of while implementing new technologies. So this magazine is a sort of virtual guide.
The world of communications is going through a transformation. There are multiple factors that are invigorating this radical change – digital disruption, technological advancements, competitive consolidation, regulatory injunctions, innovation, and changing consumer behavior. The net result is that every player in the value chain has to cognitively change their market strategy, product/service proposition, or business model to sustain and stay relevant.
Communications Today is my go-to resource, whenever I am looking out for any latest trend in telecom technologies and regulation. Actually, it is working as a multi-sided platform for knowledge exchange, wherein we are invited to contribute our ideas, knowledge, and experience in a very author-friendly manner. Looking forward to the next issue as always.
Communications Today is a reputed publication, and it provides comprehensive coverage of the telecom and IT industry. The portal is quite informative with news and updates as well as articles and interviews from different industry leaders. This gives you valuable insights and helps you to keep abreast of the technological changes.